Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Who else here
(12-05-2018, 05:36 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: Love and hate them on equal measure.

Me too, love em when we win, hate em when we lose.
I also hate them for all of the reasons given here. I’m on edge for the whole game and also feel sick whenever Villa / Wolves get over the halfway line.
The feeling when we win is absolutely great but no way makes up for the misery when we lose!
The elation I get from beating Reading at home is what I go to football for.
I hate the Villa.
When I was a kid, my Dad's mate who was a Seal season ticket holder got us seats near the Holte End.

All I could see was countless pairs of hands slapping together with manic shouts of Villa, Villa Villa.

Bomber scored when he hit a left footer from about 20 yards which Jim Cumbes tried to turn over the bar from about 10 yards out and the ball looped into the air and bounced into the goal.

All good until the Vile scored 3 all from corners. Keith Leonard got a brace. 

After that it was Villa! Villa! Villa!

I've hated them ever since
(12-05-2018, 05:16 PM)Sidders Wrote: I feel physically sick when Villa attack us !!! I hate derbies  Confused

This.

I'm contemplating not even watching it such is the fear of losing!  Big Grin
I hate them, didn't used to. The winning doesn't make up for the feeling leading up to the game and the risk of defeat.

Yet paradoxically they make a season far more interesting and I wouldn't be without them.

"That week" at VP did it for me. Coming out the ground after the league game I was even more convinced we'd win the cup game, I'm old enough to know better.
My opinion matters
Hate the Wolves match. I empathise with the above comment about feeling sick every time they attack. Bang on that. I enjoy the Villa match.
The best thing about derbies, winning aside, is our piss taking ‘Veeeella’ chant.
(12-05-2018, 06:52 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 05:16 PM)Sidders Wrote: I feel physically sick when Villa attack us !!! I hate derbies  Confused

This.

I'm contemplating not even watching it such is the fear of losing!  Big Grin

Fuck 'em, #arrogantdeludedfisheatingsealcunts.

COYB  Cool .
I hate them! Just the game though. I've been to many Albion Villa games with a mix of both club's fans and had really enjoyable days out. At The Hawthorns we've eaten in The Vine after drinking our way up from Carters Green.  After  Villa Park we've ended up in the city centre after investigating some dives on the outskirts. Great days out regardless of who won. The game itself I find nervewracking.
Wolves though....different story. Don't want to be anywhere near them,  at any time.