Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old lady v Utd, 1999.
(11-09-2018, 11:03 PM)Ossian Wrote: I never minded United under Ferguson, and I always had a grudging regard for him; it was probably the natural affinity for a fellow cantankerous old bastard.

Any club associated with Mourinho becomes instantly detestable as far as I'm concerned; him and Real was a perfect match.

Agree with the last paragraph - re Mourinho post-Madrid. Something changed 

I met Fergie at some sports dinner at OT around 9 years ago. He was incredibly knowledgeable - knew all about how we set up under RDM in the Champo - and rated Mulumbu and Dorrans.
Never minded watching Utd under Fergie. Played good football in general. It's their fans I haven't got much time for.
When we first got promoted, never come across such an arrogant bunch of wankers in all my years supporting the Albion.
(11-10-2018, 07:58 AM)tiptontown Wrote: Never minded watching Utd under Fergie. Played good football in general. It's their fans I haven't got much time for.
When we first got promoted, never come across such an arrogant bunch of wankers in all my years supporting the Albion.

Oh yes, their fans are an altogether different matter: especially the fifty-odd year olds from Norfolk or Somerset who've been "supporting United since 1993..."
(11-10-2018, 08:37 AM)Ossian Wrote:
(11-10-2018, 07:58 AM)tiptontown Wrote: Never minded watching Utd under Fergie. Played good football in general. It's their fans I haven't got much time for.

Oh yes, their fans are an altogether different matter: especially the fifty-odd year olds from Norfolk or Somerset who've been "supporting United since 1993..."

It's funny when you talk to older United fans for the first time. Without prompting them they always tell you what year they started supporting them, just to somehow evidence that they're not glory hunters. It's always pre-1993.

I enjoyed watching Fergie's United side though, played some great stuff. Giggs in full flight down the wing was one of the best sights in the game.