Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING
(11-09-2018, 08:12 PM)swordfish Wrote: I don't share your view DH,  the general reaction of almost everyone is of revulsion that someone is so sick. It is absolutely a very small minority.  Personally I believe it would be very dangerous to judge this as a crime. Whoever shared it publicly has possibly committed one though.
Another instance was Annelka's quinnelle gesture. Nobody I know even noticed at the time. And, nobody would have if the Daily Mail hadn't drawn it to their attention. Thus, if the gesture was offensive it failed miserably until the Mail ensured everyone who might possibly take offence, finally saw it. Now we all know.

I say sizeable in terms of a minority. Not that the there are millions of people like those in the video but in every town and city there seems to be quite a lot of anti-social behaviour.
(11-09-2018, 08:52 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 08:12 PM)swordfish Wrote: I don't share your view DH,  the general reaction of almost everyone is of revulsion that someone is so sick. It is absolutely a very small minority.  Personally I believe it would be very dangerous to judge this as a crime. Whoever shared it publicly has possibly committed one though.
Another instance was Annelka's quinnelle gesture. Nobody I know even noticed at the time. And, nobody would have if the Daily Mail hadn't drawn it to their attention. Thus, if the gesture was offensive it failed miserably until the Mail ensured everyone who might possibly take offence, finally saw it. Now we all know.

I say sizeable in terms of a minority. Not that the there are millions of people like those in the video but in every town and city there seems to be quite a lot of anti-social behaviour.

Well, I certainly wouldn't argue with that.
(11-09-2018, 03:03 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 02:51 PM)P_K Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 02:48 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 02:20 PM)P_K Wrote: I'm confused anyway. Many on "the left" were blaming increased crime rates on the "Tory Police cuts", yet are now advocating the thorough policing of this.

You are conflating two separate issues. Tory cuts have demonstrably had an effect on the upturn in crime only the hard of right would disagree. The fact that some people may think the people who made the stupid video committed a crime should also be investigated. Those that wish to have a properly funded Police force would like all crimes / potential crimes investigated. Not those they can ignore because it doesn’t matter really.

Well if police resources can go into something so fucking futile as this, then surely "the cuts" aren't having that much of an effect and aren't responsible for crimes being prevented/the upturn in crime rates, is my point.

It's like me telling the missus that we can't afford to go out the weekend because my gaffer has cut my pay, but then I have money in the week to go out with my mates. Bullshit.

If you think that crime isn’t on the rise due to a lack of police then you’ll living in a different country to me. With regards to this incident of course the Police will investigate because it’s a political and social hot potato. To be seen to do nothing is political suicide and could cause social unrest.

I didn’t suggest for one minute that crime isn’t on the rise. As I don’t know the figures. What I am suggesting however is that “police cuts” is not the sole reason, and it’s a handy whataboutery get out for some who will try and politically point score at every opportunity.
(11-10-2018, 09:21 AM)P_K Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 03:03 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 02:51 PM)P_K Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 02:48 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 02:20 PM)P_K Wrote: I'm confused anyway. Many on "the left" were blaming increased crime rates on the "Tory Police cuts", yet are now advocating the thorough policing of this.

You are conflating two separate issues. Tory cuts have demonstrably had an effect on the upturn in crime only the hard of right would disagree. The fact that some people may think the people who made the stupid video committed a crime should also be investigated. Those that wish to have a properly funded Police force would like all crimes / potential crimes investigated. Not those they can ignore because it doesn’t matter really.

Well if police resources can go into something so fucking futile as this, then surely "the cuts" aren't having that much of an effect and aren't responsible for crimes being prevented/the upturn in crime rates, is my point.

It's like me telling the missus that we can't afford to go out the weekend because my gaffer has cut my pay, but then I have money in the week to go out with my mates. Bullshit.

If you think that crime isn’t on the rise due to a lack of police then you’ll living in a different country to me. With regards to this incident of course the Police will investigate because it’s a political and social hot potato. To be seen to do nothing is political suicide and could cause social unrest.

I didn’t suggest for one minute that crime isn’t on the rise. As I don’t know the figures. What I am suggesting however is that “police cuts” is not the sole reason, and it’s a handy whataboutery get out for some who will try and politically point score at every opportunity.

It may not be the only reason but I would rather there were enough police to do their job properly and if you cut thousands of officers you do stop that happening properly. This government has cut services to the bone and now the problems that causes are being noticed.
Yet there are still resources to investigate this crock of shit?! Which is my point.
(11-10-2018, 11:13 AM)P_K Wrote: Yet there are still resources to investigate this crock of shit?! Which is my point.

Because there was pressure directly or indirectly from the media, government, the community, and social media. It’s a political hot potato if the Police were seen to do nothing even if no charges will ultimately be the decision.