Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING
(11-09-2018, 11:01 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 10:49 AM)P_K Wrote: Has everyone here ever told a joke about the Titanic?

I did ................. but it didn't go down well.

It has a lot in common with The Sixth Sense

Icy dead people
I feel privileged to have too much going on in my life to give a shit about anything like this either way.

(11-09-2018, 11:08 AM)P_K Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 10:49 AM)P_K Wrote: Has everyone here ever told a joke about the Titanic?

Icy dead people

I bet the guy that didn't notice a lump of ice the size of Wales in the way, feels a right berg.
(11-09-2018, 11:11 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote: I bet the guy that didn't notice a lump of ice the size of Wales in the way, feels a right berg.

It was Jack and Rose's fault anyway, if you watch the James Cameron documentary. They quickly escaped from the below storage decks after he shot his beans up her muff, and they ended up on the top deck having a smooch. The two lookout men up in the crow's nest were perving on them, which delayed their sighting of the iceberg. Facts
(11-09-2018, 11:19 AM)P_K Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 11:11 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote: I bet the guy that didn't notice a lump of ice the size of Wales in the way, feels a right berg.

It was Jack and Rose's fault anyway, if you watch the James Cameron documentary. They quickly escaped from the below storage decks after he shot his beans up her muff, and they ended up on the top deck having a smooch. The two lookout men up in the crow's nest were perving on them, which delayed their sighting of the iceberg. Facts

[Image: giphy.gif]
(11-09-2018, 11:11 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote: I feel privileged to have too much going on in my life to give a shit about anything like this either way.

(11-09-2018, 11:08 AM)P_K Wrote:

Icy dead people

I bet the guy that didn't notice a lump of ice the size of Wales in the way, feels a right berg.
At least it holds the world record for greatest number of ice bucket challenges in one go.
(11-09-2018, 11:01 AM)Dickie Davies Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 10:52 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 10:42 AM)Dickie Davies Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 10:40 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 10:37 AM)Dickie Davies Wrote: If these morons re prosecuted where do we stop?

This weekend we will be commemorating 100 yrs since the end of probably the biggest ever disaster, WWI. Do we now prosecute those responsible for Blackadder Goes Fourth?

You think these are the same things?

Well as they both mock disasters...

I'm guessing you haven't really paid much attention to them by the sounds of it, and I guess you are just straining to make a point here. Having read a lot on the 1st world war, the Blackadder goes forth mocks the leadership and futility of the war, these morons were mocking the victims of the disaster. 

A big difference.

Yes you are right re Blackadder, however I hope you understand the point  I am trying to get across.. However cack-handed.

Fair do's DD, I get what you are saying but disagree. As this has become so well known and was put out there by these tools, if the Police do not investigate then the message is that don't worry about that level of crime we are only looking for 'real' criminals. So what happens is that the bar is moved and it is ok to put these messages out on social media and mock victims and behave like these tools because there is no repercusions.

There was a scheme run in New York (and latterly used by the WMP) where the uniform officers went onto public transport and dealt with people who didn't have tickets or had their feet on seats and other petty crime (yes these things are crimes). what they found was that these petty crimes were being committed by people that were committing bigger crimes, and because the bar had been allowed to move these crims thought that petty crime didn't matter any more. The police used it to open the door to look into their lives finding the 'real' crimes that you want them to investigate.
(11-09-2018, 02:12 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 11:01 AM)Dickie Davies Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 10:52 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 10:42 AM)Dickie Davies Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 10:40 AM)baggy1 Wrote: You think these are the same things?

Well as they both mock disasters...

I'm guessing you haven't really paid much attention to them by the sounds of it, and I guess you are just straining to make a point here. Having read a lot on the 1st world war, the Blackadder goes forth mocks the leadership and futility of the war, these morons were mocking the victims of the disaster. 

A big difference.

Yes you are right re Blackadder, however I hope you understand the point  I am trying to get across.. However cack-handed.

Fair do's DD, I get what you are saying but disagree. As this has become so well known and was put out there by these tools, if the Police do not investigate then the message is that don't worry about that level of crime we are only looking for 'real' criminals. So what happens is that the bar is moved and it is ok to put these messages out on social media and mock victims and behave like these tools because there is no repercusions.

There was a scheme run in New York (and latterly used by the WMP) where the uniform officers went onto public transport and dealt with people who didn't have tickets or had their feet on seats and other petty crime (yes these things are crimes). what they found was that these petty crimes were being committed by people that were committing bigger crimes, and because the bar had been allowed to move these crims thought that petty crime didn't matter any more. The police used it to open the door to look into their lives finding the 'real' crimes that you want them to investigate.

Its not necessarily a crime yet. We have to see whether they're even charged.

In an ideal world it would be nice to have the police to investigate this, but they're having to priortiise, and this is no way a priority.
(11-09-2018, 02:16 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Its not necessarily a crime yet. We have to see whether they're even charged.

In an ideal world it would be nice to have the police to investigate this, but they're having to priortiise, and this is no way a priority.

(11-09-2018, 09:43 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 05:56 PM)Redbone Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 05:09 PM)baggy1 Wrote: I could have told him why they are investigating it without reading all of his rant. It's not a crime to have the grenfell bonfire bollox that they did, or even a crime to film it, however to put it onto a public forum was.

I suspect the courts may have to decide on that.

No the courts will have to decide if they have committed a crime, not if it is a crime. Under the public order act they have committed a crime by intentionally causing distress through the use of abusive or insulting behaviour or summat like that. The bonfire itself wouldn't be a problem as they could have defended themselves by saying that, as it was a limited audience of friends, no-one was offended; the second one of the dicks put it on social media was the problem - then they are not containing it to a few like minded idiots.
I'm confused anyway. Many on "the left" were blaming increased crime rates on the "Tory Police cuts", yet are now advocating the thorough policing of this.
(11-09-2018, 02:20 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 02:16 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Its not necessarily a crime yet. We have to see whether they're even charged.

(11-09-2018, 09:43 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 05:56 PM)Redbone Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 05:09 PM)baggy1 Wrote: I could have told him why they are investigating it without reading all of his rant. It's not a crime to have the grenfell bonfire bollox that they did, or even a crime to film it, however to put it onto a public forum was.

I suspect the courts may have to decide on that.

No the courts will have to decide if they have committed a crime, not if it is a crime. Under the public order act they have committed a crime by intentionally causing distress through the use of abusive or insulting behaviour or summat like that. The bonfire itself wouldn't be a problem as they could have defended themselves by saying that, as it was a limited audience of friends, no-one was offended; the second one of the dicks put it on social media was the problem - then they are not containing it to a few like minded idiots.

Ay? Well they definitely did what they did as it’s on video. So if the courts decide not guilty, then it’s not a crime surely?? Plus they haven’t been charged yet!