Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING
(11-09-2018, 10:37 AM)Dickie Davies Wrote: If these morons re prosecuted where do we stop?

This weekend we will be commemorating 100 yrs since the end of probably the biggest ever disaster, WWI. Do we now prosecute those responsible for Blackadder Goes Fourth?

You think these are the same things?
(11-09-2018, 10:40 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 10:37 AM)Dickie Davies Wrote: If these morons re prosecuted where do we stop?

This weekend we will be commemorating 100 yrs since the end of probably the biggest ever disaster, WWI. Do we now prosecute those responsible for Blackadder Goes Fourth?

Well as they both mock disasters...
Has everyone here ever told a joke about the Titanic?
(11-09-2018, 10:42 AM)Dickie Davies Wrote:

I'm guessing you haven't really paid much attention to them by the sounds of it, and I guess you are just straining to make a point here. Having read a lot on the 1st world war, the Blackadder goes forth mocks the leadership and futility of the war, these morons were mocking the victims of the disaster. 

A big difference.
(11-09-2018, 10:16 AM)igorbalis Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 10:12 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Where his rant is inaccurate is the assertion that there are a tiny minority of scumbags. Oh if only this was the case, sadly it isn’t.

sadly for you. Sad

Why do you like scumbags?
I may be wildly out of left field here, but I do think there is a trend between level of political point scoring on offer in correlation with how much outrage surrounds the event, or events following the events. Take the very subject in question here, Grenfell Disaster. All that was on the news for fucking months was politicians arguing the fucking toss over who was to blame, and then people acting like sheep and getting involved wagging their fingers and gnashing their teeth. Pathetic, if you ask me.

They don’t mock the disaster they mock the futility of the war, the utter stupidity of the ruling classes, the class distinctions and world politics at that time. Nowhere do they mock those that died in a personal way.
(11-09-2018, 10:49 AM)P_K Wrote: Has everyone here ever told a joke about the Titanic?

I did ................. but it didn't go down well.
(11-09-2018, 10:52 AM)baggy1 Wrote:

I'm guessing you haven't really paid much attention to them by the sounds of it, and I guess you are just straining to make a point here. Having read a lot on the 1st world war, the Blackadder goes forth mocks the leadership and futility of the war, these morons were mocking the victims of the disaster. 

A big difference.

Yes you are right re Blackadder, however I hope you understand the point  I am trying to get across.. However cack-handed.
(11-09-2018, 10:49 AM)P_K Wrote: Has everyone here ever told a joke about the Titanic?

It’s not something that’s ever been raised.