Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING
(11-08-2018, 06:29 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 05:56 PM)Redbone Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 05:09 PM)baggy1 Wrote: I could have told him why they are investigating it without reading all of his rant. It's not a crime to have the grenfell bonfire bollox that they did, or even a crime to film it, however to put it onto a public forum was.

I suspect the courts may have to decide on that.

Indeed, if it even gets that far. I doubt it will. Massive waste of police time. The people doing and filming this are scum and have shown the world that they’re scum. But what a waste of police time given what else is going on.

I'd imagine people who had lost family would want the police to investigate and prosecute these dicks. I agree it's a massive waste of police time having to investigate shit like this, but as long as idiots carry on doing this they will have to.

Imagine if a bunch of muslims filmed a model of the cenotaph with toy veterans all lined up whilst they burned the Union Jack and set fireworks off into the model to 'kill' all of the veterans on Sunday. I'd like the police to find who these were and teach them a lesson., or should we just let them be as it was a harmless bit of fun by some scum.
(11-09-2018, 09:33 AM)P_K Wrote: I'm surprised no one has come forward yet to say they lived in the Grenfell cardboard box effigy and demand compensation.

This made me snigger more than it should have.
if you do this kind of thing full well in the knowledge that you live in norwood, you've either got ridiculously massive bollocks or are incredibly stupid.
Where his rant is inaccurate is the assertion that there are a tiny minority of scumbags. Oh if only this was the case, sadly it isn’t.
As horrible as this was, it's nothing new there has, and always will be, sick jokes about disasters.

Prosecuting those responsible in this instance is a very dodgy and worrying road we are going down imo.
(11-09-2018, 10:12 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Where his rant is inaccurate is the assertion that there are a tiny minority of scumbags. Oh if only this was the case, sadly it isn’t.

sadly for you. Sad
(11-09-2018, 10:15 AM)Dickie Davies Wrote: As horrible as this was, it's nothing new there has, and always will be, sick jokes about disasters.

Agreed. And long may it continue, IMO.

It's how some people help to detach from the awful nature of reality. Some of us don't have to sit there and be all "respectful and stuff" in a bid to show how "woke" we are. There are limits of course, but something that can make you laugh is always better than something that upsets you. Especially when it's false grief.
(11-09-2018, 10:20 AM)P_K Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 10:15 AM)Dickie Davies Wrote: As horrible as this was, it's nothing new there has, and always will be, sick jokes about disasters.

Agreed. And long may it continue, IMO.

It's how some people help to detach from the awful nature of reality. Some of us don't have to sit there and be all "respectful and stuff" in a bid to show how "woke" we are. There are limits of course, but something that can make you laugh is always better than something that upsets you. Especially when it's false grief.

stick it in the public domain, i.e. promote it, and you're a fucking moron though.  who deserves a lot of stick, and probably broken windows. prosecution is ridiculous though.
Oh I agree. What those dipshits did is not something I would contemplate doing. I don't see the point of making all that effort just for a joke. So they deserve to be ridiculed or expect some backlash. Prosecution or even an investigation into the matter is beyond ridiculous however.
If these morons re prosecuted where do we stop?

This weekend we will be commemorating 100 yrs since the end of probably the biggest ever disaster, WWI. Do we now prosecute those responsible for Blackadder Goes Fourth?