Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12 killed in California bar shooting
(11-08-2018, 04:58 PM)Redbone Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 02:08 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 02:02 PM)Duffmon Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 01:59 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: If people want to kill each other, they will do it regardless of what controls are put in place, we do it pretty well with knives.

You can’t kill multiple people in seconds from range with s knife though.

My point is Duff, we have had knife control for years and yet look at the stats.

That's bollocks.  No we haven't had knife control and we never will have.

Anyone who has done self defence / martial arts knows that the people intent on wounding or killing intend to throw the knife away immediately after the deed.  They don't go on line and buy some flash  commando type knife for £80 just to use it once and throw it away.  You go to Wilkinsons and spend a fiver on something that can do the job equally as well. Or just take one from the kitchen drawer.   It's anonymous and cheap and you just drop it down the nearest drain in the gutter as you walk away.  The last thing you want is to be found in possession of a blade within a mile of the attack.

And restriction on buying knives is not knife control ? again you sort have made my point, we have got control and it doesn't make a blind bit of difference.
The NRA nutters are now saying if the bar crowd had guns the massacre could have been stopped.

Loaded drunks with loaded guns. What could possibly go wrong?
(11-08-2018, 06:15 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Max prison time for carrying a knife is 4yrs. Max prison time for carrying an unlicensed gun is 14yrs. Punishments need to be at least the same. Both kill people and no one has need to carry either.

Good point.  What amazes me is that no one seems to fear being caught or seems bothered about  the consequences of their action.
307 mass shootings in USA this year!
(11-08-2018, 06:32 PM)Redbone Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 06:15 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Max prison time for carrying a knife is 4yrs. Max prison time for carrying an unlicensed gun is 14yrs. Punishments need to be at least the same. Both kill people and no one has need to carry either.

Good point.  What amazes me is that no one seems to fear being caught or seems bothered about  the consequences of their action.
I think the problem now is due to the escalation in how crims protect themselves. If your rival drug dealer has a big knife you get a gun and so on. Police cuts have assisted violent crime rise due to the chances of being caught being lessened by them. The Police rely more now on CCTV to assist them now in detection but unless they're there in an instant, it is rendered useless simply by wearing a hoodie and mask.
First responder on the scene was a good guy with a gun. Now sadly dead.
Was in NYC last week. I adore America but it terrifies me.
What bothered me more was it being the BBC news main story today just as the elections in the US was the main story yesterday.
Is there news in the Uk?
(11-08-2018, 08:26 PM)spandaubaggie Wrote: What bothered me more was it being the BBC news main story today just as the elections in the US was the main story yesterday.
Is there news in the Uk?

Brexit's looking tricky.

(11-08-2018, 02:19 PM)P_K Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 02:18 PM)supamart Wrote: I better keep my head down then.
I'm flying to LAX in the morning for a ten day tour of SoCal.

I actually hate you. It's become an unhealthy obsession/day dream of mine to visit LA.

Hi - why don’t you then?

BITL
It's not even shocking anymore, is it? It's almost an 'oh it's LA today, then!'. This news should shock you to the core. But it doesn't. That's sad.