Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12 killed in California bar shooting
I've never been angry enough to want to commit an atrocity, but if I had, I'd imagine that during the time it took me to get myself a gun, I'd have calmed down. But if you have one to hand, as so many do in America.......

Don't forget though folks that we only hear about this atrocities because of what we are told by the MSM.

Had you all heard about that vicious machette attack in Small Heath back in May, 3 blokes got sent down for it yesterday/the other day

https://www.west-midlands.police.uk/news...-attackers

Obviously there is a HUGE problem with gun crime in the USA, however it is a primary focal point for media outlets at the moment, so we're going to hear about it more and more. Years ago these same events probably still happened, but it wasn't a focal point for the media so many instances would have gone unnoticed by us lot.
(11-08-2018, 02:19 PM)P_K Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 02:18 PM)supamart Wrote: I better keep my head down then.
I'm flying to LAX in the morning for a ten day tour of SoCal.

I actually hate you. It's become an unhealthy obsession/day dream of mine to visit LA.

Sorry -  Sad

I'll send you a postcard !
(11-08-2018, 02:39 PM)supamart Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 02:19 PM)P_K Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 02:18 PM)supamart Wrote: I better keep my head down then.
I'm flying to LAX in the morning for a ten day tour of SoCal.

I actually hate you. It's become an unhealthy obsession/day dream of mine to visit LA.

Sorry -  Sad

I'll send you a postcard !

Fuck you.

Have a good time me mon.
Guns dont kill people.... blah blah blah
The shooter was a marine veteran Iain Long aged 29 who lived with his Mom. Six months ago police were called to his house for a domestic incident but still allowed him to keep his legally held weapon.
(11-08-2018, 02:08 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 02:02 PM)Duffmon Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 01:59 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: If people want to kill each other, they will do it regardless of what controls are put in place, we do it pretty well with knives.

You can’t kill multiple people in seconds from range with s knife though.

My point is Duff, we have had knife control for years and yet look at the stats.

That's bollocks.  No we haven't had knife control and we never will have.

Anyone who has done self defence / martial arts knows that the people intent on wounding or killing intend to throw the knife away immediately after the deed.  They don't go on line and buy some flash  commando type knife for £80 just to use it once and throw it away.  You go to Wilkinsons and spend a fiver on something that can do the job equally as well. Or just take one from the kitchen drawer.   It's anonymous and cheap and you just drop it down the nearest drain in the gutter as you walk away.  The last thing you want is to be found in possession of a blade within a mile of the attack.
(11-08-2018, 01:59 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: If people want to kill each other, they will do it regardless of what controls are put in place, we do it pretty well with knives.

Spot on. Problem over there is the ease to be able to buy one. When I lived there, I was in a sports shop, and the guy was trying his damned best to get me to buy a shotgun. When I explained I was new to the country, and didn't even have my green card, he said it was no problem,  all I needed was my drivers licence. Crazy  !!
Max prison time for carrying a knife is 4yrs. Max prison time for carrying an unlicensed gun is 14yrs. Punishments need to be at least the same. Both kill people and no one has need to carry either.
There was an armed guard at the nightclub. Shooter shot him dead, more guns doesn't cure the problem with the good old U S of A.

There have been 11 mass shooting since the 1 on the synagogue and this 1.