Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15 years ago today...
(11-08-2018, 01:15 PM)mickeypearce Wrote: Pardew

Wink
Didn’t get to this one so watched the updates on Sky sports, Tony Cottee reporting from the ground, watching the colour drain from his face as the goals went in was tremendous stuff.
(11-08-2018, 01:33 PM)mickeypearce Wrote: Didn’t get to this one so watched the updates on Sky sports, Tony Cottee reporting from the ground, watching the colour drain from his face as the goals went in was tremendous stuff.

He's another utter tool. Always banging on about English managers not getting a chance - citing himself as an example. 

His CV - Getting Barnet relegated from the FL
one may recall the "United we stand divided they fall" DVD we put out to go with that and League Cup win at Newcastle.
(11-08-2018, 12:53 PM)Mancbaggie Wrote: Guess the utter fugging weapon who was in the home dugout

Said weapon was utterly disparaging of little ol' West Brom after the game, in an interview that has forever stuck in my mind and made it impossible for me to accept him as our manager. A pity some of the hirers and firers at the Hawthorns weren't of the same opinion.
(11-08-2018, 02:21 PM)DemonicBaggie Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 12:53 PM)Mancbaggie Wrote: Guess the utter fugging weapon who was in the home dugout

Said weapon was utterly disparaging of little ol' West Brom after the game, in an interview that has forever stuck in my mind and made it impossible for me to accept him as our manager. A pity some of the hirers and firers at the Hawthorns weren't of the same opinion.

What did he say, DB?  Honestly cant recall his post match sour grapes. 

Just remember him prancing around in undersized WHU shorts with that cheesy "Moore than a football club" T-shirt.
(11-08-2018, 01:33 PM)mickeypearce Wrote: Didn’t get to this one so watched the updates on Sky sports, Tony Cottee reporting from the ground, watching the colour drain from his face as the goals went in was tremendous stuff.

My favourite Sky Sports moments, he was like a dog with 2 dicks after 20 mins but soon changed in 2nd half.

Id pay good money to view that again

I forget how many poor players made up a bloody good team under that 2003/4 season. James O'connor and Rob Hulse. Bloody hell.
Remember it fondly. We were a goal down as we queued to get in, Two down 'cos I needed the gents before going to our seats. When the 3rd went in two idiots in the row in front started fighting each other and we had to pull them apart.  Then....there was the comeback. Whatever you might say these days about Hughsie, when that ball fell to him, you knew he wasn't going to miss. One of my top 5 away days, below Oldham and Bradford certainly, but up their with the others.