Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hotel near Hawthorns
Hi
My son (21) & I are Scottish West Brom fans and are heading to The Hawthorns for the midweek February game v Forest.  Looking for a cheap hotel near the ground or within easy public transport.
Any recommendations? 
Boing Boing
(11-07-2018, 10:31 PM)West Bromwich Hibs Wrote: Hi
My son (21) & I are Scottish West Brom fans and are heading to The Hawthorns for the midweek February game v Forest.  Looking for a cheap hotel near the ground or within easy public transport.
Any recommendations? 
Boing Boing

Hi.

I’d recommend West Bromwich High Street Premier Inn. It’s a 25 min walk from there (5 minutes in an Uber, alternatively you can catch the Number 74 too), to the ground and you have a choice of pubs on your doorstep (The Desk Junction, Sportsman or further down The Vine)

If you book now you can get a room for £36.50. It’s decent and better then the Travelodge nearby.

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/...B&BRAND=PI

Also the date shouldn’t change for TV as it’s already a scheduled midweek KO. However to be 100% sure, if you can, wait till 4th January as this is when Sky will select there games from 9th Feb - 2nd March. My only concern is if the game before we face Forest, is changed to Sunday resulting in the Forest game moving to the Wednesday
(11-07-2018, 10:51 PM)Big_Dave Wrote:
Any recommendations? 
Boing Boing

Hi.

I’d recommend West Bromwich High Street Premier Inn. It’s a 25 min walk from there (5 minutes in an Uber, alternatively you can catch the Number 74 too), to the ground and you have a choice of pubs on your doorstep (The Desk Junction, Sportsman or further down The Vine)

If you book now you can get a room for £36.50. It’s decent and better then the Travelodge nearby.

Also the date shouldn’t change for TV as it’s already a scheduled midweek KO. However to be 100% sure, if you can, wait till 4th January as this is when Sky will select there games from 9th Feb - 2nd March. My only concern is if the game before we face Forest, is changed to Sunday resulting in the Forest game moving to the Wednesday
Thanks for the info. Would be a disaster if the game is changed!
Any recommendations? 
Boing Boing

Are you based in Edinburgh?
(11-07-2018, 10:56 PM)West Bromwich Hibs Wrote:
Any recommendations? 
Boing Boing

Hi.

Don't do what I did a few years ago (ironically another Forest game, that time a cup game in the snow). I didn't pay attention and ended up booking myself into the wrong West Brom Premier Inn which is on the other side of town altogether. Nearly died trudging back through the town through the snow after the game to find the hotel!
(11-07-2018, 10:59 PM)SussexBaggie Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 10:56 PM)West Bromwich Hibs Wrote:
Any recommendations? 
Boing Boing

Hi.

Don't do what I did a few years ago (ironically another Forest game, that time a cup game in the snow). I didn't pay attention and ended up booking myself into the wrong West Brom Premier Inn which is on the other side of town altogether. Nearly died trudging back through the town through the snow after the game to find the hotel!

I will bear that in mind!  Big Grin
There's a new Premier Inn being built in West Bromwich town centre opposite the big Tesco as we speak. I reckon it will be finished by then. its still near all pubs mentioned plus a few eateries and its only a 10 Min walk to the Wheatsheaf which serves the famous Bathams. Outside catch 74 bus which drops you right outside the ground.
Wherever you drink you'll be made welcome as a Baggies fan.
Better off in Bham city centre in my opinion. 5 minutes on train or tram right next to stadium, with very regular services. By its very nature more bars, pubs, restaurants and hate to say it bit of a nicer environment
(11-08-2018, 04:28 AM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: Better off in Bham city centre in my opinion. 5 minutes on train or tram right next to stadium, with very regular services. By its very nature more bars, pubs, restaurants and hate to say it bit of a nicer environment

nicer environment my arse.

Stay in west brom its got everything you need, I would recommend the moat house but I don't know whether it still even exists. Wheatsheaf and bus it to the town would be my suggestion.

Went to a Hibs game once v Motherwell  I was staying up for the new year, and met a hibs fan in the Albion pub near the ground, sound lad went to game together  and stood along the side of he pitch with the home fans. Used to wear my hibs hat at albion games for a while after (few strange looks) anyway have a great day/night and hopefully get a win for once.

Hibeees!
There is the Raddison Hotel on the motorway island barely 5-10mins walk. If you are looking to just watch the game and then head home that is the best location. Certainly better than walking into town or Brum.