Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FAO Audi, BMW and Merc drivers
(10-14-2018, 04:33 PM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 04:23 PM)Redbone Wrote: we should adopt the USA system of being able to over take regardless of what lane you are in.  The onus then is for anyone changing lane to make sure it is safe to do so.

There's a 24 lane motorway in LA.  If you could only overtake in the lane to the left ( in their case) the whole of California would come to a halt.

Having driven in LA, and witnessed the countless accidents on the freeways, this is exactly why undertaking should not be allowed. American drivers give you no room to change lanes. They don't adopt "mirror, signal, manoeuvre", it's simply "go and fuck everyone else".  

Agree that trying to navigate across more than 3 lanes of traffic over there is an absolute nightmare.

One American law that should be copied, is the ability to turn right (left on the uk) on a red light.

It's not always the case, as I've found out to my cost.
(10-14-2018, 04:00 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 03:57 PM)swordfish Wrote: Re Undertaking. The worst accident I've ever witnessed (or rather, the aftermath of), was due to this. Middle lane hogging is damn annoying, undertaking is reckless.

Both equally as reckless in my book, both know what they are doing.

Can't agree fella. One is just lazy driving, annoying but not lethal. The other can cause carnage in a split second.
(10-14-2018, 03:47 PM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 03:09 PM)Ossian Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 02:21 PM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 12:07 PM)Ossian Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 12:02 PM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote: or illegally undertake you.

Which would suggest that the inside lane is free.

I think you know where I'm going with this.

Sure do. You're advocating breaking the law.

Undertaking is the most dangerous manoeuvre any idiot can make. Ranks only marginally beneath drinking and driving in my book.

I was obviously wrong in my assumption that you knew where I was going with this.

Mea culpa.

I will allow you to retort.

(10-14-2018, 03:06 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: It is also illegal to hog the centre lane.

It is - that is why I don't do it.

If you had seen an 18 wheel Articulated lorry swipe an inpatient undertaker in it's blind spot as it returned to the inside lane, it would have a profound effect on you. It did me when I witnessed it.

The undertaker's last journey was to the undertaker.

(10-14-2018, 03:36 PM)Baggie in The Lye Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 02:21 PM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 12:07 PM)Ossian Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 12:02 PM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote: or illegally undertake you.

Which would suggest that the inside lane is free.

I think you know where I'm going with this.

Sure do. You're advocating breaking the law.

Undertaking is the most dangerous manoeuvre any idiot can make. Ranks only marginally beneath drinking and driving in my book.

Hi - I’d say overtaking on a blind bend, overtaking on the brow of a hill, driving with no lights on when foggy, tailgating and middle lane hogging all are worse and lead to more accidents.

Whilst a deliberate undertake is still an offence (and for good reason) - the interpretation of the law has changed so that if the flow of traffic is faster in the nearside lane than the middle (almost always caused by stubborn, stupid middle lane hoggers) then it is no longer viewed as an ‘undertake’.

Middle lane hoggers cause congestion, accidents and road rage. And to a man/woman will say ‘I’m doing 70 and I’m not moving’ Selfish wankers the lot of them.

BITL
Should all cars be limited to 70 mph to prevent speeding and undertaking? The technology exists. 

But then who would buy a C63s then??

Hi - you can still undertake at 70mph.

BITL

Edit - and break the speed limit at 70mph
I’ve got a jag ipace on order for next year. The lease will cost 400/month over 18 months. Or to look at it another way £7k for £70k car. These big shiny dealerships full of suited wankers are paid for by people who don’t understand leasing.

On driving standards, way before we started having the hard shoulder used as an extra lane, I saw an overtake in that lane, that was pretty special.
the lords my shepherd i'll not want 
he takes me down to lye
in pastures green
he leadeth me 
the quiet waters by
(10-14-2018, 05:08 PM)sickparrot Wrote: I’ve got a jag ipace on order for next year. The lease will cost 400/month over 18 months. Or to look at it another way £7k for £70k car. These big shiny dealerships full of suited wankers are paid for by people who don’t understand leasing.

On driving standards, way before we started having the hard shoulder used as an extra lane, I saw an overtake in that lane, that was pretty special.

Why would you waste £7k on a car loan?
(10-14-2018, 05:18 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 05:08 PM)sickparrot Wrote: I’ve got a jag ipace on order for next year. The lease will cost 400/month over 18 months. Or to look at it another way £7k for £70k car. These big shiny dealerships full of suited wankers are paid for by people who don’t understand leasing.

I would call it a discretionary spend, myself. If you enjoy cars, why not??

(10-14-2018, 04:39 PM)fuzzbox Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 04:23 PM)Redbone Wrote: we should adopt the USA system of being able to over take regardless of what lane you are in.  The onus then is for anyone changing lane to make sure it is safe to do so.

There's a 24 lane motorway in LA.  If you could only overtake in the lane to the left ( in their case) the whole of California would come to a halt.

Having driven in LA, and witnessed the countless accidents on the freeways, this is exactly why undertaking should not be allowed. American drivers give you no room to change lanes. They don't adopt "mirror, signal, manoeuvre", it's simply "go and fuck everyone else".  

Agree that trying to navigate across more than 3 lanes of traffic over there is an absolute nightmare.

One American law that should be copied, is the ability to turn right (left on the uk) on a red light.

Please tell us. This sounds interesting!!
(10-14-2018, 05:25 PM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote:

I would call it a discretionary spend, myself. If you enjoy cars, why not??

(10-14-2018, 04:39 PM)fuzzbox Wrote:

Please tell us. This sounds interesting!!

Of course it’s up to the individual but I just can’t see the appeal. I’d rather spend the money at Fulham Fallouts tailor on a couple of suits.

Because buying it cash and selling it before it gets old would cost triple or quadruple.
the lords my shepherd i'll not want 
he takes me down to lye
in pastures green
he leadeth me 
the quiet waters by
That "What a boring weekend" doesn't have a clue. To prove this I've so far, learned all about cars, driving, mobile phones and how to cut my own hair.
(10-14-2018, 05:44 PM)swordfish Wrote: That "What a boring weekend" doesn't have a clue. To prove this I've so far, learned all about cars, driving, mobile phones and how to cut my own hair.

Big Grin Big Grin 

It's made a nice change to the stuff from last year when we were being mullered every week. And everyone has played nicely as well.