FNMN
Songs in the Key of Life, again. But the youngest (8!) has recently discovered Motown so I’m doing some revision!
Glass of Malbec and the new Wolf Alice album on the turntable.

It’s ace.
(06-04-2021, 07:41 PM)Duffers Wrote: Glass of Malbec and the new Wolf Alice album on the turntable.

It’s ace.

Really like a lot of WA’s stuff - will give it a blast later on. Simple g and t for me
(06-04-2021, 07:41 PM)Duffers Wrote: Glass of Malbec and the new Wolf Alice album on the turntable.

It’s ace.

Just got in. A long day.

Malbec poured.
(06-04-2021, 07:50 PM)DJPunkRoc Wrote:

It’s ace.

Really like a lot of WA’s stuff - will give it a blast later on. Simple g and t for me

They’re a band I’ve followed for years after first seeing them in a small tent at Glastonbury in about 2014ish. Seen them about a dozen times since and watched rise up through the festival lineups and play bigger and bigger venues in London.

New album is brilliant, reckon this will be the one that propels up to headlining festivals and playing arenas.

Wolf Alice is over now and Lady D has picked Lana Del Rey’s NFR, which is quite frankly a fucking masterpiece.
Well I had an early finish to welcome the weekend and have just put on Into the Mystic by Van. Bottle of Oakham Citra and the world looks a lot better. 
Happy Weekend All.
Daughter dancing for us in the garden to a rather eclectic selection of Bess Atwell, Moby, Tchaikovsky, Bjork and Tina Turner. Enjoyable performance. Will be giving WA a try later on your reco.

It’s ace.

Wasn't impressed by the singles at all but the album has really surprised me. The songs make so much more sense in the context of the album. Really good
LDR is done and I’m back up to the decks, gone for a Friday night curveball... DAMN by Kendrick Lamar.
(06-04-2021, 07:50 PM)DJPunkRoc Wrote:

It’s ace.

Lost track of how many times I’ve listened to this album since it came out on Friday.

AOTY contender for me.