Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FAO Audi, BMW and Merc drivers
(10-11-2018, 06:05 PM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 06:03 PM)Baggie in The Lye Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 05:56 PM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote: They're all wankers - especially the Audi drivers

Hi - I’ve got a top of the range Merc and drive considerably
Envy is an ugly emotion.
BITL

Are you new around here??

No he isn't, just play along with it.
Never been much into cars myself, but thought I have to look the part when I started my own business. I bought a BMW 3 series, 3 years old, in 2015. Still have it. It's nice enough, but I still drive like a Ford Focus driver. We also bought a Fiesta a few weeks back and drive in that just as much- it doesn't bother me.
Around Solihull is heaps of BMWs, Audis, Mercs etc all on lease as they worry the neighbour has a better motor. £350 per month for a car they never own, but at least they look the part in their A5s and Tommy Hilfiger shirts.
(10-11-2018, 06:32 PM)spandaubaggie Wrote: Never been much into cars myself, but thought I have to look the part when I started my own business. I bought a BMW 3 series, 3 years old, in 2015. Still have it. It's nice enough, but I still drive like a Ford Focus driver. We also bought a Fiesta a few weeks back and drive in that just as much- it doesn't bother me.
Around Solihull is heaps of BMWs, Audis, Mercs etc all on lease as they worry the neighbour has a better motor. £350 per month for a car they never own, but at least they look the part in their A5s and Tommy Hilfiger shirts.

I have never had a nice car, would be pointless as my cars have always been mobile changing rooms for youth football, no amount of Magic Trees can stop them smelling like one either.
My Golf Mark 4 estate has done 157,000 miles and I genuinely dread the day when it finally goes beyond the limits of economic sustainability, partly because of a genuine attachment to 'The old girl' (as we refer to her/it) but also because I can think of few things more mind-numbingly boring than looking for another car.
(10-11-2018, 06:32 PM)spandaubaggie Wrote: Never been much into cars myself, but thought I have to look the part when I started my own business. I bought a BMW 3 series, 3 years old, in 2015. Still have it. It's nice enough, but I still drive like a Ford Focus driver. We also bought a Fiesta a few weeks back and drive in that just as much- it doesn't bother me.

Don't see the problem with leasing a car (if you have the disposable income to afford one). Why buy a brand new car for around 40-50k? What will it be worth after 36 months? Some prefer to just lease as these days you don't have much equity in a car.

In saying that I own a 08 Audi A5 that has done 186k on the clock (Purchased it when 3 years old for £19k, spent loads of money on it, probably worth around 2k max now mainly due to the mileage and a 15 reg BMW 4 Series Coupe which I drive now and again. 

I do 3,000 miles a month for work, only do 500 max on the Coupe

Most likely will look to get a car on lease as it appeals to me. Have it for 24 months and give it back. No extra costs to worry about (eg Services/MOT/Changing tyres/brake pads/discs)
In the interests of breaking stereotypes, can i just add that I own a Volvo and drive like a complete cunt?

(10-11-2018, 07:00 PM)King Astle Wrote: In the interests of breaking stereotypes, can i just add that I own a Volvo and drive like a complete cunt?

Never in doubt  Big Grin
(10-11-2018, 06:57 PM)Big_Dave Wrote:

Don't see the problem with leasing a car (if you have the disposable income to afford one). Why buy a brand new car for around 40-50k? What will it be worth after 36 months? Some prefer to just lease as these days you don't have much equity in a car.

In saying that I own a 08 Audi A5 that has done 186k on the clock (Purchased it when 3 years old for £19k, spent loads of money on it, probably worth around 2k max now mainly due to the mileage and a 15 reg BMW 4 Series Coupe which I drive now and again. 

Most likely will look to get a car on lease as it appeals to me. Have it for 24 months and give it back. No extra costs to worry about (eg Services/MOT/Changing tyres/brake pads/discs)
Don’t most of them sting you if you do over so many miles on the contract?

Got to say that my current Audi is sweet as a nut.

Weighs a lot with 3 litre diesel and was superb in the snow last winter.

I'd quite like an Aston Martin.
(10-11-2018, 07:06 PM)King Astle Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 06:57 PM)Big_Dave Wrote:

Don’t most of them sting you if you do over so many miles on the contract?

Yeah most offers I've seen is you can do a max 8k per year. Then they charge something ridiculous? Ok with that if I use it as a second car. Like I said, may not do it though, as the £350 per calendar  month could go to a better place.