Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Albion Assembly
Stars in Stripes
Can we have a teleportal system? There's room behind the Smethwick - or did Dr Evil run off with the plans when he sold up?
(10-11-2018, 06:31 PM)Captainmarvel Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 06:21 PM)SophieX Wrote: Am I the only one who thinks Mozza doesn’t deserve a testimonial?

Do players need testimonials these days, I assume it would mean proceeds go to charity so why not give them one.
Oh yeah, it definitely goes to charities these days if they get one.

But, imo, a bloke who has managed to play in barely half of the games he’s been eligible for, doesn’t deserve the adulation. His status, with some, is completely incompatible to his delivery. except for that time he took on that Villa fan. 

Ok, where do I sign up?
(10-11-2018, 05:12 PM)ElbowGrease73 Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 04:39 PM)Cuzer14 Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 04:26 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 04:18 PM)ElbowGrease73 Wrote: Just one minor gripe - How was the new 'music' immediately before the players walk out decided upon, and will we have to endure it all season?

It's the choice of the players.

No, this is during the warm up and normally done by 2.45pm, quite a good idea the players playlist

Cuzer

The one I'm on about is the 'song' that sounds like a teenager has sampled the Munsters theme tune in his bedroom.

I think it's brilliant.   Big Grin

(10-11-2018, 06:21 PM)SophieX Wrote: Am I the only one who thinks Mozza doesn’t deserve a testimonial?

Won't the proceeds go to charity?

(10-11-2018, 04:03 PM)Big_Dave Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 03:44 PM)richbaggie Wrote: Meeting next Thursday. Anything anyone would like to raise?

A few questions Rich.

1. Fanzone? What has happened. Obviously we have been relegated and budgets would have been re assessed. I feel this is now being done “half heartedly”. It’s almost as if we are doing it but don’t really want to do it if that makes sense.

2. Why isn’t Smethwick End opened up when the Away fans bring a reduced following. Quite often in the past we’ve moved the void to fit in more Home supporters. I know of a few who wouldn’t pay 20£ for certain areas of the stadium ie Lower East stand (F5 Etc), and behind the BRE (E16 Etc).

3. Expansion plans. If we continue on a projectory curve. Will the football club look to extend Halfords Lane? Any news on training ground plans which were shelved in Summer to be revisited?

4. Tannoy System in ground. Can’t hear when caps are being presented. Tannoy is poor all around the ground except maybe the West Stand

5. Half Season Tickets. When are they due to go on sell? Club needs to capture the goodwill feeling at the moment. We should be selling out most home games imo

(10-11-2018, 04:01 PM)richbaggie Wrote: By all accounts, little has been sent in so far. Sure sign that things are going ok at the moment.

To be fair, I’m not a moaner and the Assembly can’t affect on field issues. But the issues I’ve raised are fair imo

Regardless of trajectory, surely the club have to do something about the HLS as it's barely fit for purpose.  That's the question - what are the club's ambitions and plans to improve the stadium, particularly the HLS?  Is there a 5, 10,15,20 year plan to replace/refurb?  Or no plan at all?  The latter I suspect.
Is Lai dead?

If not, why don’t the club ever report on his whereabouts, his activities or, most crucially, his long-term plans for the club.

Any sign of life would be welcome.
(10-11-2018, 08:23 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 05:12 PM)ElbowGrease73 Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 04:39 PM)Cuzer14 Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 04:26 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 04:18 PM)ElbowGrease73 Wrote: Just one minor gripe - How was the new 'music' immediately before the players walk out decided upon, and will we have to endure it all season?

It's the choice of the players.

No, this is during the warm up and normally done by 2.45pm, quite a good idea the players playlist

Cuzer

The one I'm on about is the 'song' that sounds like a teenager has sampled the Munsters theme tune in his bedroom.

I think it's brilliant.   Big Grin

Won't the proceeds go to charity?

(10-11-2018, 04:03 PM)Big_Dave Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 03:44 PM)richbaggie Wrote: Meeting next Thursday. Anything anyone would like to raise?

A few questions Rich.

1. Fanzone? What has happened. Obviously we have been relegated and budgets would have been re assessed. I feel this is now being done “half heartedly”. It’s almost as if we are doing it but don’t really want to do it if that makes sense.

2. Why isn’t Smethwick End opened up when the Away fans bring a reduced following. Quite often in the past we’ve moved the void to fit in more Home supporters. I know of a few who wouldn’t pay 20£ for certain areas of the stadium ie Lower East stand (F5 Etc), and behind the BRE (E16 Etc).

3. Expansion plans. If we continue on a projectory curve. Will the football club look to extend Halfords Lane? Any news on training ground plans which were shelved in Summer to be revisited?

4. Tannoy System in ground. Can’t hear when caps are being presented. Tannoy is poor all around the ground except maybe the West Stand

5. Half Season Tickets. When are they due to go on sell? Club needs to capture the goodwill feeling at the moment. We should be selling out most home games imo

(10-11-2018, 04:01 PM)richbaggie Wrote: By all accounts, little has been sent in so far. Sure sign that things are going ok at the moment.

To be fair, I’m not a moaner and the Assembly can’t affect on field issues. But the issues I’ve raised are fair imo

Regardless of trajectory, surely the club have to do something about the HLS as it's barely fit for purpose.  That's the question - what are the club's ambitions and plans to improve the stadium, particularly the HLS?  Is there a 5, 10,15,20 year plan to replace/refurb?  Or no plan at all?  The latter I suspect.

It’s already been refurbished at a cost of £3,000,000 in 2008. That was a bank loan that the club took and repaid. Why can’t we do that to extend the capacity to 32,000. The club needs a plan.

(10-11-2018, 08:42 PM)Gewonenzow Wrote: Is Lai dead?

If not, why don’t the club ever report on his whereabouts, his activities or, most crucially, his long-term plans for the club.

I prefer that then Dr Tony Xia
(10-11-2018, 08:42 PM)Gewonenzow Wrote: Is Lai dead?

Would be nice to feel that all the effort and (relative) success so far this season gave us all a reason to be optimistic for the coming years.
Rich, would definitely be worth asking what the owner(s) plans are going forward as others have mentioned given the silence.

We all know Lai is just a face to a bunch of investors. Does anyone believe this 43(?) year old is some self made Billionaire through being a general manager of some company for 20 years? Load of bollocks clearly.
The new entrance music sounds like a funeral march. Bring back Insomnia
Oh no smoking in the toilets, get the headmistress at once.