Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ipswich away
(10-11-2018, 10:11 PM)C ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: Harford?

It was. Early season - we were flying and went top briefly. 

Then we sold Pesch and RH left
Another game at Ipswich in 1999 we had two sent off. Who were they?
(10-11-2018, 10:24 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: Another game at Ipswich in 1999 we had two sent off. Who were they?

Carbon and Siggi IIRC
(10-10-2018, 09:38 PM)TR 675 Wrote: Last time I went there was Easter 88. 1-1 Phillips, Carlton Palmer dislocated his shoulder.

That was what I got mixed up with.

(10-11-2018, 10:32 PM)Mancbaggie Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 10:24 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: Another game at Ipswich in 1999 we had two sent off. Who were they?

Carbon and Siggi IIRC

Correct. I had thought Van Blerk.
Palmer went off with a dislocated shoulder just as he was beginning to hit some form in the middle of the park
(10-11-2018, 06:03 PM)CongletonBaggie Wrote: Last time I was there we had 7 put past us. Anyone remember what year that would be?

Watch it on YouTube- about 4 of the goals unstoppable. One of those games that it just went Ipswich’s way and nearly everything flew in.
Been there once, i had just broke up with a girl i was seeing in London and got a train to Ipswich.
The Baggies were in a similar sorry state having just sacked Buckley and had installed a fork lift driver in temporary charge (name him?)

Anyway i got chatting to this lady on the train that had just got back from California, she was a leggy blonde with lovely smile and golden tan.

She got off at Bury St. Edmunds and asked if i fancied going for a drink, i turned her down explaining that i was off to see the Albion.

At HT we were 0-4 down and i think down to 10 men, i had started to regret my decision not to go for a drink with the blonde, so i text her.

She replied "sorry,busy..."

Think the final score was 0-5
(10-12-2018, 08:30 AM)Sunshine Wrote: Been there once, i had just broke up with a girl i was seeing in London and got a train to Ipswich.
The Baggies were in a similar sorry state having just sacked Buckley and had installed a fork lift driver in temporary charge (name him?)

Anyway i got chatting to this lady on the train that had just got back from California, she was a leggy blonde with lovely smile and golden tan.

She got off at Bury St. Edmunds and asked if i fancied going for a drink, i turned her down explaining that i was off to see the Albion.

At HT we were 0-4 down and i think down to 10 men, i had started to regret my decision not to go for a drink with the blonde, so i text her.

She replied "sorry,busy..."

Think the final score was 0-5

Ya cor say that......... Arthur Mann
I was there when we won 3-2 in the second promitiom season under Meggo. Dyer and Koumas scored twice in a minute then the Horse netted the winner at the very end.
(10-12-2018, 06:44 PM)Duffmon Wrote: I was there when we won 3-2 in the second promitiom season under Meggo. Dyer and Koumas scored twice in a minute then the Horse netted the winner at the very end.

One of the best away day memories under SGM. Remember the Horse dodging something thrown at him as he celebrated the winner by shushing the Town fans.