Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ipswich away
(10-10-2018, 10:00 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 09:54 PM)Parsley Sauce Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 09:46 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Ipswich on a Friday night?

That’s got less than 1k written all over it.

I wouldn't traipse all the way down to that hole on a Saturday let alone a Friday

Never been. Done Norwich several times but never Ipswich.

I do think we’d have taken a healthy amount on a Saturday afternoon. Not now!

When I was younger but equally foolish I went to the game after we lost to Woking, Stuart Pearson was in charge, we lost (par for the course back then) I have never had the urge to go back, saying that , never been to Naaarge either.
(10-10-2018, 10:13 PM)Parsley Sauce Wrote:

I wouldn't traipse all the way down to that hole on a Saturday let alone a Friday

When I was younger but equally foolish I went to the game after we lost to Woking, Stuart Pearson was in charge, we lost (par for the course back then) I have never had the urge to go back, saying that , never been to Naaarge either.

We beat Oxford the week after the Ipswich defeat. As I recall we had a convincing win at Blackburn around then too. Then Gould was given the job as we drew our way to relegation.

Fair play.

Been to Norwich four times. We’ve won all 4. Lucky ground.
Strangely Ipswich is one of the grounds I have visited most outside the shrine, and the games that stick out the most for me were all losses, 76 the famous 7 0, 96 the last game in the infamous winless run when the defiance of Baggies fans that day was legendary and 99 when we had two players sent off, went 3 0 down, then I don't like Monday's scored.
Remember being pissed up one New Years Eve and deciding the best course of action for the following day was to get on a coach to Ipswich. We lost, under Mowbray I think.
only time iv'e been is the 1-0 loss in the league cup Q/F and what a waste of time that was .
any one going in pyjamas?
(10-10-2018, 10:19 PM)Dumbo Wrote:

Fair play.

Been to Norwich four times. We’ve won all 4. Lucky ground.
 We ain't got many. Struggling beyond:

Norwich
Coventry
Peterborough 
Leicester
Forest?
Last time I was there we had 7 put past us. Anyone remember what year that would be?
(10-11-2018, 06:03 PM)CongletonBaggie Wrote: Last time I was there we had 7 put past us. Anyone remember what year that would be?