Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Career Advice
I have been in the corporate world for 22 years now and whilst I tire of it most days (mainly the politics) I wouldn't want to be under the pressure of not having a guaranteed pay check each month. At some point (probably about 10-15 years time) I'll probably have enough to be able to pursue my real interest which is trading but until then I do it as an hobby. If you can take the pressure of not earning a consistent pay check I think the benefits are great
(10-08-2018, 06:00 AM)rickbaggie Wrote:
(10-08-2018, 05:47 AM)TorontoBaggie Wrote: What's Tabletop war gaming? Sound interesting! 

1942 was amazing

that's a blast from the past. Remember it well!
(10-08-2018, 03:31 PM)Bratislava Baggie Wrote: I have been in the corporate world for 22 years now and whilst I tire of it most days (mainly the politics) I wouldn't want to be under the pressure of not having a guaranteed pay check each month. At some point (probably about 10-15 years time) I'll probably have enough to be able to pursue my real interest which is trading but until then I do it as an hobby. If you can take the pressure of not earning a consistent pay check I think the benefits are great

I've never had a pay check (cheque).  I have had a weekly pay packet with real money inside or pay slips advising when the money is transferred directly to my bank.  It's the UK way!
(10-08-2018, 01:58 PM)Black Penny Wrote: I will send you an email later, I need to run an idea by you. It may or may not be of interest.

The email linked to here isn't working atm, moving that domain in preparation. 

cbrown1811@outlook.com is best to get me nowadays.
Good luck birdman. I’m sure you’ll make the right decision. But never be afraid to try. If anything it’ll look good on your CV in the future!
(10-08-2018, 03:31 PM)Bratislava Baggie Wrote: I have been in the corporate world for 22 years now and whilst I tire of it most days (mainly the politics) I wouldn't want to be under the pressure of not having a guaranteed pay check each month. At some point (probably about 10-15 years time) I'll probably have enough to be able to pursue my real interest which is trading but until then I do it as an hobby. If you can take the pressure of not earning a consistent pay check I think the benefits are great

Yo Brats,
I like trading as well.  I started trading forex this year.  If you wanna have a chat about it, feel free to message me.  
Cheers
IAG
(10-11-2018, 11:48 PM)ItsAGoal Wrote:

Yo Brats,
I like trading as well.  I started trading forex this year.  If you wanna have a chat about it, feel free to message me.  
Cheers
IAG

My tip would be don’t exchange your money at the airport if you’ve not pre-booked as the rates you get are terrible. Hope this saves you a few quid.

Yo Brats,
Cheers
IAG

Forex is beyond me I think, I just stick to stocks although this week it's not been such a good week. I did go shopping yesterday though for a few I like that were suddenly 20% cheaper.
(10-12-2018, 05:05 AM)Fido Wrote:

Yo Brats,
Cheers
IAG

My tip would be don’t exchange your money at the airport if you’ve not pre-booked as the rates you get are terrible. Hope this saves you a few quid.

Big Grin
(10-07-2018, 08:37 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: It’s hard graft, insecure, you have the wear a lot of hats, cashflow is king.

Filthy capitalist.