Booking.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It’s middle of September lads!
(09-14-2018, 10:31 PM)Brandywell Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 09:44 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 09:37 PM)spandaubaggie Wrote: Too many opinions are delivered too early in a season. We are readjusting and really enjoying watch the transition despite some irritating aspects. Sure beats what we have seen the last 3 years.

Post of the night.

Quite possibly in some regards our worst performance in 3 years. Our ability to pass a ball was staggering, criminal that our forwards had less than 20 touches between them in the first half against a team that will be fighting relegation
Quite possibly the most ridiculous post of the past three years. We’re you in a coma last season. A lame draw at a local rival versus the later dross under Pulis where we sometimes never crossed the half way line and still got beaten.
Or games under Pardew when we may as well have played kids instead, such was the inability to understand what we were trying to do, or compete the most basic of things.
(09-15-2018, 08:04 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Or games under Pardew when we may as well have played kids instead, such was the inability to understand what we were trying to do, or compete the most basic of things.

As bad as last night was, it wasn't as bad as Southampton at home last season, when they skipped around us like Barcelona. Or for one from the end of the Pulis era, West Ham at home when we had as much teeth as a jelly baby.
What never ceases to amaze me is the way so many think somehow the season gets set in stone based on the game they’ve just seen when there’s 46 matches.
So far we are just staying in touch at the top without being convincing. A 6 out of 10 start to the season. It’s ok and probably expected. In the next 8 months new players will get a look in, tactics will adjust and think some people need to show more patience.
My only concern is Big Dave's stubborn refusal to accept the midfield of Brunt & Livermore does not work ,maybe this new style of play passing out from the back would improve if we had central midfielders who can move around and look for the ball instead of standing like  bloody statues waiting for things to happen!!
(09-15-2018, 09:25 AM)Tetley74 Wrote: My only concern is Big Dave's stubborn refusal to accept the midfield of Brunt & Livermore does not work ,maybe this new style of play passing out from the back would improve if we had central midfielders who can move around and look for the ball instead of standing like  bloody statues waiting for things to happen!!

My feelings too. And FWIW, I'm still happier this season than I ever was last.
(09-15-2018, 09:31 AM)swordfish Wrote:
(09-15-2018, 09:25 AM)Tetley74 Wrote: My only concern is Big Dave's stubborn refusal to accept the midfield of Brunt & Livermore does not work ,maybe this new style of play passing out from the back would improve if we had central midfielders who can move around and look for the ball instead of standing like  bloody statues waiting for things to happen!!

Me too for all the moaning over style of play etc etc at least we can see some sort of rebuild and plan going forward team wise if not club as a whole unlike the shite of the last few years.
(09-15-2018, 06:41 AM)Pontificator Wrote: I doubt any Albion fan was happy with that even if we'd won. It was a tactically inept performance and if Moore and Jones can't get the 2nd half right after watching the 1st god help us. The pressure mounts on any manager when everybody can see what is wrong and he can't. We've got the talent to destroy Blues, they've effectively only got one noticeable player in Jota;  we have several, which is why we are being touted for promotion. Hegazi seemed to have the ball more than anyone and was clearly being asked along with Dawson to initiate proceedings from the back with balls they are incapable of delivering. Effectively two of the best midfielders in the division had virtually no part to play and Rodrigez who had 8 touches in the 1st half was replaced with Robson Kanu when the obvious sub was Barry. Fuck me.

The conclusion from that game was that Monk clearly knows what he is doing and Moore doesn't.

And yet he didn't manage to work out how to beat us, even though we were so shit.
(09-15-2018, 10:02 AM)Tetley74 Wrote:
(09-15-2018, 09:31 AM)swordfish Wrote:

Me too for all the moaning over style of play etc etc at least we can see some sort of rebuild and plan going forward team wise if not club as a whole unlike the shite of the last few years.

Perhaps we need to be there or thereabouts come January and then hope Jenkins get's the biscuit tin from under the bed and backs his manager with some more bodies.
(09-15-2018, 10:07 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(09-15-2018, 06:41 AM)Pontificator Wrote: I doubt any Albion fan was happy with that even if we'd won. It was a tactically inept performance and if Moore and Jones can't get the 2nd half right after watching the 1st god help us. The pressure mounts on any manager when everybody can see what is wrong and he can't. We've got the talent to destroy Blues, they've effectively only got one noticeable player in Jota;  we have several, which is why we are being touted for promotion. Hegazi seemed to have the ball more than anyone and was clearly being asked along with Dawson to initiate proceedings from the back with balls they are incapable of delivering. Effectively two of the best midfielders in the division had virtually no part to play and Rodrigez who had 8 touches in the 1st half was replaced with Robson Kanu when the obvious sub was Barry. Fuck me.

The conclusion from that game was that Monk clearly knows what he is doing and Moore doesn't.

And yet he didn't manage to work out how to beat us, even though we were so shit.

Don't thinks he's got the quality but really managed to squeeze a lot out of a shoestring bunch. They seemed to know and relish their role.
We made Jota look like Messi but, thankfully, they didn't have a finisher.