Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It’s middle of September lads!
Tonight. Same bunch who destroyed QPR.
(09-14-2018, 10:44 PM)spandaubaggie Wrote: Tonight. Same bunch who destroyed QPR.

We were as bad as that QPR side at the back tonight!
(09-14-2018, 10:47 PM)TAnew Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 10:44 PM)spandaubaggie Wrote: Tonight. Same bunch who destroyed QPR.

We were as bad as that QPR side at the back tonight!

What an OTT comment!

QPR were awful as much as were err good and it’s the same team and tactics that have seen us concede goals in every game and not because the oppposition are good but because we are trying to force s style of play onto a squad that I doubt can ever master what the manager wants. Flexibility of approach is needed not Mowbray-esque or for that matter Pulis like stubbornness.

QPR went home at half time.
If we're looking to go back up that display was unacceptable, end of

Critiquing a display or a player in the context of how that might play out going forward into the season is perfectly reasonable ..it's not knee jerk or negative, its what fans do (September or otherwise)

Worryingly on the basis of that certain players and some of the managers tactics are not good enough
(09-14-2018, 09:40 PM)aj21 Wrote: That game doesn’t. For me the hardest games to watch are the ones where collectively everyone is screaming out for tactic changes and the game just slips away while you wait. I doubt many Albion fans watching wouldn’t have changed to 442 at half time.
This. Go 442 and take the midfield. We always had better players, we just didn't know what to do. Blues came in hungry and keen, robbing us of the ball  while we awaited our magic to brew. They sussed this out and knocked our caps off, so to speak! If we at least matched the numbers in midfield, our (surely),better finishing may have had a chance.
Yes it’s more enjoyable and exciting for sure. However we are extremely average so are we finding the right balance required by the fans.. let’s face facts we are not premier league quality on any meaningful level but we are not bottom half of champ either. So do we have to face reality that we will probably remain a top half champ team forever more with the odd extended foray into the prem? And the odd relegation/ lower league finish. Are people ok with that.tbh I am.
Stop bloody moaning it's September and we were crap and did'nt lose. Side in transition we will get better and remember you can all have Pulis ball back if you want.I don't. Good Sian play crap and get something out of the match.
I doubt any Albion fan was happy with that even if we'd won. It was a tactically inept performance and if Moore and Jones can't get the 2nd half right after watching the 1st god help us. The pressure mounts on any manager when everybody can see what is wrong and he can't. We've got the talent to destroy Blues, they've effectively only got one noticeable player in Jota; we have several, which is why we are being touted for promotion. Hegazi seemed to have the ball more than anyone and was clearly being asked along with Dawson to initiate proceedings from the back with balls they are incapable of delivering. Effectively two of the best midfielders in the division had virtually no part to play and Rodrigez who had 8 touches in the 1st half was replaced with Robson Kanu when the obvious sub was Barry. Fuck me.

The conclusion from that game was that Monk clearly knows what he is doing and Moore doesn't.
Blairite Scum