Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It gets more bizaare..
(09-14-2018, 09:49 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 09:46 PM)tiptontown Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 09:33 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: A mixture of Monk wanting to talk up his team's performance and result and a bit of an over reaction on this board.

TBH Shabby, I'm the biggest happy clapper out there. I actually didn't think we played too bad at Boro when others were saying otherwise, but I thought we got out of jail tonight.

I don't disagree we were very lucky to get away with it tonight, but we did and as Spandau pointed out in a thread he started, no firm conclusions on a season can ever be made in September, especially in a period of re-adjustment for the club.

Yes, I agree about the transition in playing style and I'm not saying Moore should go (far from it), but I can understand the criticism tonight.
I'd be inclined to judge him more on tactics, results and performances - than what he says in front of the camera. 

Would of course be interesting to hear what he said to the players post match -  after they dished up that crap
It tells me everything when we played a flat back four in every preseason game and only switched to three at the back once Jones came in. His favoured system.
I personally think Darren is the figurehead and the man manager but I think Jones has a massive influence on the set up.