Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It gets more bizaare..
On a night where most of us are struggling to remember a worse performance, Gary Monk reckons we are "the best team we have played this season"

Big Grin
A mixture of Monk wanting to talk up his team's performance and result and a bit of an over reaction on this board.
(09-14-2018, 09:27 PM)Dickie Davies Wrote: On a night where most of us are struggling to remember a worse performance, Gary Monk reckons we are "the best team we have played this season"

Big Grin

Does that show how poor the Championship is? One of our poorest displays in ages yet we still draw. A performance like that in the Prem and we'd have been thumped.
(09-14-2018, 09:33 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 09:27 PM)Dickie Davies Wrote: On a night where most of us are struggling to remember a worse performance, Gary Monk reckons we are "the best team we have played this season"

Big Grin

Does that show how poor the Championship is? One of our poorest displays in ages yet we still draw. A performance like that in the Prem and we'd have been thumped.

Probably an element of that as well.

You tend to forget that most Championship sides need half a dozen chances to score.

Big Grin

Does that show how poor the Championship is? One of our poorest displays in ages yet we still draw. A performance like that, against any half decent championship side we'd have been thumped.

Corrected for you. Wink
The level of teams in the championship are being overrated by our fans. If we were even vaguely cohesive in our play then we'd absolutely stroll into the top 6 at the very least
(09-14-2018, 09:33 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: A mixture of Monk wanting to talk up his team's performance and result and a bit of an over reaction on this board.

TBH Shabby, I'm the biggest happy clapper out there. I actually didn't think we played too bad at Boro when others were saying otherwise, but I thought we got out of jail tonight.
(09-14-2018, 09:46 PM)tiptontown Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 09:33 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: A mixture of Monk wanting to talk up his team's performance and result and a bit of an over reaction on this board.

TBH Shabby, I'm the biggest happy clapper out there. I actually didn't think we played too bad at Boro when others were saying otherwise, but I thought we got out of jail tonight.

I don't disagree we were very lucky to get away with it tonight, but we did and as Spandau pointed out in a thread he started, no firm conclusions on a season can ever be made in September, especially in a period of re-adjustment for the club.
I am really not worried as we have so many fans on hear that know all the answers
(09-14-2018, 09:37 PM)Dickie Davies Wrote:

Big Grin

Does that show how poor the Championship is? One of our poorest displays in ages yet we still draw. A performance like that, against any half decent championship side we'd have been thumped.

Corrected for you. Wink

That's the point. There aren't any in the Chump.