The Step Up
Fair to say we have had a number of players who have not been able to make the step up from Championship to Premier League this season - Ajayi, Sawyers, Furlong, Grady to name a few...

Makes you wonder whether some of these players would be able to step up at more established clubs where they are surrounded by other PL players and can feel their way in a bit more. Most of our lot were chucked in at the deep end and sank rather than swam.
It's a good point Duffers. Out of those you mentioned I would say Furlong has got more consistent as the season has gone on. Like I said in the other thread it's what they learn from it that's important.
I think we have a few Championship players who could slot into a PL side and do a job - Bartley, Furlong, Phillips (under Sam!)... but when they’re asked to be the quality amongst players who can’t step up (Sawyers, Grant, Grady sadly so far..) it’s just too much to ask... and that’s before we mention the mental strength.
(05-19-2021, 08:00 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: I think we have a few Championship players who could slot into a PL side and do a job - Bartley, Furlong, Phillips (under Sam!)... but when they’re asked to be the quality amongst players who can’t step up (Sawyers, Grant,  Grady sadly so far..) it’s just too much to ask... and7 that’s before we mention the mental strength.

Think that sums up the level we are at very well
Leeds spent £100m and added real quality to the Championship side that got them up. They also have unbelievable fitness and organisation and a top manager.

We spent £40m reassembling the side we had from last season and then added some real shite in Ivanovic and Grant. It’s only when we’ve added players of quality in AMN, Yokuslu and Diagne we’ve seen the other players look capable of playing at this level.
Dowling and Bilic left us with this unbalanced squad and thought it was good enough to compete, pair of clowns.