Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing out from the back
It’s a refreshing approach from what we’re used to. I’m just not convinced that Hegazi Beckenbauer is the man to base it upon. Just yet anyway.

As said above, however, if it’s a work in progress that improves us over time then it’s far better than hopeful hoofball.
The best ball playing centre backs come at a Premium unfortunately and teams like Manchester City and Spurs are the teams that will get them first. We've already seen this with Stones and Laporte at City and Spurs signing Sanchez and Foyth plus already having Vertonghen.

Teams like us will have to get them from under the radar and before they become worth millions if this is how we want to play. Hegazi is fine for now at doing the job and because he can do it, he's certainly an asset and one other clubs will always look at despite him not being a particularly good defender aerially.

There's a young Dutch kid at Hoffenheim called Hoogma that's particularly good and thats about as under the radar that I know about. Even players like Diop that went to West Ham this summer cost £22m and he's of the same kind of player yet a bit further experienced at the age of 21.
(09-04-2018, 11:27 AM)Lightnin Wrote: The best ball playing centre backs come at a Premium unfortunately and teams like Manchester City and Spurs are the teams that will get them first. We've already seen this with Stones and Laporte at City and Spurs signing Sanchez and Foyth plus already having Vertonghen.

Teams like us will have to get them from under the radar and before they become worth millions if this is how we want to play. Hegazi is fine for now at doing the job and because he can do it, he's certainly an asset and one other clubs will always look at despite him not being a particularly good defender aerially.

There's a young Dutch kid at Hoffenheim called Hoogma that's particularly good and thats about as under the radar that I know about. Even players like Diop that went to West Ham this summer cost £22m and he's of the same kind of player yet a bit further experienced at the age of 21.

How about Paul Mardon???   Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Bump.

It looked poor tonight.
It wasn’t that good but I stress again, totally not helped by the midfield three in front of them

Statues, all of them!

Cuzer
(09-14-2018, 11:27 PM)Cuzer14 Wrote: It wasn’t that good but I stress again, totally not helped by the midfield three in front of them

Statues, all of them!

Cuzer

Disagree Cuz. (And I generally think you make valid points!) Livermore and Brunt made good angles however both were blocked by Gardner and KD for Blues. Barnes was always the free man howevernone of our Centre backs could find him, as the ball out is the most difficult
(09-01-2018, 05:28 PM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote: Firstly - great result today, and some impressive performances mentioned in other threads. I was pleased with the display.

Is anyone else worried about playing out from the back in front of our own penalty box - because I am. 

Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I understand that teams like Man City do it, but we don't have the personnel to play this way. I'm not advocating Pulisball, but over reliance on building from the back will cost us goals when we are caught in possession.

It's just a damn good job that the general quality of this division is so piss poor that we probably won't be penalised too much.
Are u on the wrong forum? This ain’t the blues forum pal. We actually played carp tonight but blues did ok.
(09-15-2018, 12:39 AM)Crichtons bad back Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 05:28 PM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote: Firstly - great result today, and some impressive performances mentioned in other threads. I was pleased with the display.

Is anyone else worried about playing out from the back in front of our own penalty box - because I am. 

Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I understand that teams like Man City do it, but we don't have the personnel to play this way. I'm not advocating Pulisball, but over reliance on building from the back will cost us goals when we are caught in possession.

It's just a damn good job that the general quality of this division is so piss poor that we probably won't be penalised too much.
Are u on the wrong forum? This ain’t the blues forum pal. We actually played carp tonight but blues did ok.

He posted the OP after the Stoke game....
(09-15-2018, 12:35 AM)Big_Dave Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 11:27 PM)Cuzer14 Wrote: It wasn’t that good but I stress again, totally not helped by the midfield three in front of them

Statues, all of them!

Cuzer

Disagree Cuz. (And I generally think you make valid points!) Livermore and Brunt made good angles however both were blocked by Gardner and KD for Blues. Barnes was always the free man howevernone of our Centre backs could find him, as the ball out is the most difficult

1) They made angles sporadically but then weren’t fed the ball when free
2) They didn’t do it anywhere near enough
I look at Livermore but cannot what his game his he does not win the ball ,he does not create anything ,think he is overrated same as Rodrigues is ,they are both nothing players who might a good game every so often