Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing out from the back
Firstly - great result today, and some impressive performances mentioned in other threads. I was pleased with the display.

Is anyone else worried about playing out from the back in front of our own penalty box - because I am. 

Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I understand that teams like Man City do it, but we don't have the personnel to play this way. I'm not advocating Pulisball, but over reliance on building from the back will cost us goals when we are caught in possession.

It's just a damn good job that the general quality of this division is so piss poor that we probably won't be penalised too much.
(09-01-2018, 05:28 PM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote: Firstly - great result today, and some impressive performances mentioned in other threads. I was pleased with the display.

Is anyone else worried about playing out from the back in front of our own penalty box - because I am. 

Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I understand that teams like Man City do it, but we don't have the personnel to play this way. I'm not advocating Pulisball, but over reliance on building from the back will cost us goals when we are caught in possession.

It's just a damn good job that the general quality of this division is so piss poor that we probably won't be penalised too much.

No. Far prefer that to hoofing it up front and losing it straight away.
Good job we don’t have rondon anymore as he wouldn’t know what to do with himself
It’s hard not to worry given what we’ve been watching for the past few years, but I can see it working and we’re getting better at it game by game. Will need to be able to adapt to 4/5 at the back for some games though.
In the form of his life.
I think there should be a balance and currently we are overdoing it. I understand BD wants to change the system, I understand it'll take time, I know I'll be patient.....but Bloody Hell, it's terrifying!
We created enough for another 7 goals, we also created enough for Stoke to have 4.
(09-01-2018, 05:36 PM)swordfish Wrote: I think there should be a balance and currently we are overdoing it. I understand BD wants to change the system, I understand it'll take time, I know I'll be patient.....but Bloody Hell, it's terrifying!
We created enough for another 7 goals, we also created enough for Stoke to have 4.

7-4 would have been an even better game!
In the form of his life.
(09-01-2018, 05:41 PM)Ah Bhuna Matata Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 05:36 PM)swordfish Wrote: I think there should be a balance and currently we are overdoing it. I understand BD wants to change the system, I understand it'll take time, I know I'll be patient.....but Bloody Hell, it's terrifying!

Should of been about 5-3
It's going to take time. The players aren't used to it yet. Dawson, Hegazi and Gibbs are certainly more than capable of playing out. Johnstone needs to be more comfortable on the ball and needs to play out quicker and we need to be moving around more but that will come with time.
(09-01-2018, 05:44 PM)Mancbaggie Wrote:

Should of been about 5-3

That would have been a fair score.
In the form of his life.
(09-01-2018, 05:45 PM)Ah Bhuna Matata Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 05:44 PM)Mancbaggie Wrote:

Should of been about 5-3

That would have been a fair score.
Yes but the point I was trying to make was that WE created their chances as well as our own!!