Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Next concert thread
Saw Gojira at Bloodstock, they were superb.
I hope the travelling band clear up after themselves or they will get a shooing on here.
I'm actually going to a gig as a fan rather than working. Paid for the ticket as well!

The Devin Townsend Project at The Apollo, Hammersmith, next March.
My band playing Sunday at some Chelsea player's party ( we don't know who yet, it's top secret ).
Any views on what we should play in amongst our own stuff n covers?
(09-30-2016, 09:39 PM)SussexBaggie Wrote: My band playing Sunday at some Chelsea player's party ( we don't know who yet, it's top secret ).

The Liquidator!

Introduce it by telling them who it really belings to.
Natahaniel Rateliff and the Nightsweats 02 Academy Brum in November. Heard the Glasto set on the Beeb, fuggin awesome IMHFO.

On a side note went to see the English Beat with Dave Wakeling at the Robin last week. bit disappointing. He still had a great voice but think he's been in USA too long and lost some of the ska grit.
(09-30-2016, 02:44 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: Roy Wood in Bilston in December, I think...

http://www.therobin.co.uk/whats_on/gigin...gigid=4576

Was wrong, saw English Beat at the Institute 2 weeks ago...
(09-30-2016, 09:39 PM)SussexBaggie Wrote: My band playing Sunday at some Chelsea player's party ( we don't know who yet, it's top secret ).

Who wor it then Sussex? The most famous people I've ever had in an audience (that I'm aware of!) were James Toseland and former Notts cricketer Paul Franks, 2 separate gigs.
The Beat in Plymouth next month. But not with Dave Wakelin; Rankin Roger innit
(09-30-2016, 12:11 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: This could be my busiest autumn in years but so far only have tickets for PJ Harvey (really looking forward to that, never seen her live before) in November and then James in December.

Further to this, went to see PJ Harvey on Friday night at the Starworks in Wolverhampton, which is a venue I'd never heard of beforehand. The music was great but a word of warning if any of you go there to see a gig in future. 

Firstly, get there relatively early because this place is former car works and there are girders holding up the roof AOTS. For most of the gig, I could only see Polly's flailing arm.

Secondly, take plenty of cash because the drinks are extortionate. £5 for a tin of lager/cider, £3.50 for a bottle of water. Outrageous.

It's a shame, because the place has character. Probably great for raves mind. Grumble over. 

I've now also got tickets for Teenage Fanclub and Super Furry Animals, both at the Institute. Now THAT's a venue.
(10-22-2016, 04:18 PM)ArmchairNonner Wrote: The Beat in Plymouth next month. But not with Dave Wakelin; Rankin Roger innit

If Dave Blockhead's still with em he's a STH.