Kipre
Anyone know how he is getting on ? I haven’t seen any news on his loan. 

Would still maintain him & Bartley would be worth trying in the champ. Ajayi I would sell if we could make a good profit.
Just checking Charleroi on Google.

The good news: He's making the first team most matches.

The bad news: He's in a team which appears to have won no matches since 30th January. He also scored an own goal the other week.

However, I'm sure he'd be more thandecent in the Championship under Allardyce.
(04-26-2021, 08:44 PM)Squid Wrote: Just checking Charleroi on Google.

The good news: He's making the first team most matches.

The bad news: He's in a team which appears to have won no matches since 30th January. He also scored an own goal the other week.

However, I'm sure he'd be more thandecent in the Championship under Allardyce.

Sounds like an ideal player for us then...
(04-26-2021, 08:17 PM)B36baggie Wrote: Anyone know how he is getting on ? I haven’t seen any news on his loan. 

Would still maintain him & Bartley would be worth trying in the champ. Ajayi I would sell if we could make a good profit.

Ajayi was brilliant in our promotion season and has looked decent in spells this season in what has been a huge step up for him given he was only a league 1 player not that long ago.

He will have learned a lot this season and I fully expect him to play a big part next season. Big goal threat too.

I think hes a cracking player.
(04-27-2021, 07:49 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 08:17 PM)B36baggie Wrote: Anyone know how he is getting on ? I haven’t seen any news on his loan. 

Ajayi was brilliant in our promotion season and has looked decent in spells this season in what has been a huge step up for him given he was only a league 1 player not that long ago.

He will have learned a lot this season and I fully expect him to play a big part next season. Big goal threat too.

+1

I wonder if there’s a fan base that’s quicker to write off their players than ours? 

Doubt it.
(04-27-2021, 09:13 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 07:49 AM)Peachy Wrote:

+1

I wonder if there’s a fan base that’s quicker to write off their players than ours? 

Doubt it.

I haven't written off Ajayi & think he is better than OK. However if we were offered substantially more than we paid then for sure I would consider it.
I haven't written Ajayi off so much as I never really got the fuss. Decent for what we payed but for a bloke his size he gets eased off the ball a lot and his positioning was as hit and miss last season as it has been this.

Couldn't understand how he used to misjudge jumps and lose the flight of high balls played through the middle last season either. There's a reason why we looked so disorganised when balls came in from wide areas last season too and it wasn't all down to Sam Johnstone.

We've had a decent return for the layout but I've honestly never thought he was that great. Age is on his side and he may have benefited from the experience gained this season but I'm not so sure. Welcome goals aside he just seems a bit fragile to me.
RB - Furlong + 1
LB - Townsend +
CB - Ajayi, Bartley, Kipre & O'Shea

I don't know if we have any kids coming through but that would seem like top end Championship defensive options to me.

What we don't know is how Allardyce feels about them. On the assumption that he knew he couldn't change that much in January he's had to run with what we've got. Common thought on here was that our full backs were all shit and we needed 1 for each side (it was also said Bilic felt the same way). I have to admit to agreeing with that thought process but both full backs have looked better since Allardyce and hopefully will continue to do so next season when the style of opposition will change and the onus of controlling games will switch to us. Furlong was only ever a par Championship player last season.
滚开赖
(04-27-2021, 09:51 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: I haven't written Ajayi off so much as I never really got the fuss. Decent for what we payed but for a bloke his size he gets eased off the ball a lot and his positioning was as hit and miss last season as it has been this.

Couldn't understand how he used to misjudge jumps and lose the flight of high balls played through the middle last season either. There's a reason why we looked so disorganised when balls came in from wide areas last season too and it wasn't all down to Sam Johnstone.

We've had a decent return for the layout but I've honestly never thought he was that great. Age is on his side and he may have benefited from the experience gained this season but I'm not so sure. Welcome goals aside he just seems a bit fragile to me.

Agree with all of that. 

His pace got him out of trouble quite a lot in the champ & hasn't quite been able to do the same with the step up. Could quite easily see a Watford come in with 7-8m & I would be fine with that.
(04-27-2021, 09:51 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: I haven't written Ajayi off so much as I never really got the fuss. Decent for what we payed but for a bloke his size he gets eased off the ball a lot and his positioning was as hit and miss last season as it has been this.

He has a touch of the Paul Mardon about him.  You just know he's going to make a mistake every game.  I always felt Hegazi was like that too, he could be great for 89 minutes and then he'd just loop a header out to the edge of the box or let a ball bounce and get caught out.

One thing he offers us is a bit of pace at the back which will be important next season if we dominate possession and press higher up the pitch as a whole.  Championship sides won't be afraid to lump the ball over the top and turn us quickly.
滚开赖