The Fosun Bubble...
(04-07-2021, 12:22 PM)richbaggie Wrote: Been having a conversation with Wolves fans on twitter about this. Wolves fans commenting about Fosun needing to sell up. But who to? It's the same problem we face and the reason why I am not in the get Lai out of the club by any means group. Unless there is someone out there willing to pump vast amounts of their own money in for no financial return, purely for hobby type purposes, I am hugely wary. And let's face it,  they are going to be very much a rarity.

Self sustainability is fine with me, as long as we put much better plans in place around scouting and youth development.

But, but, but.... what about the second tier?
I told you I’ll be back
(04-09-2021, 06:55 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 12:22 PM)richbaggie Wrote: Been having a conversation with Wolves fans on twitter about this. Wolves fans commenting about Fosun needing to sell up. But who to? It's the same problem we face and the reason why I am not in the get Lai out of the club by any means group. Unless there is someone out there willing to pump vast amounts of their own money in for no financial return, purely for hobby type purposes, I am hugely wary. And let's face it,  they are going to be very much a rarity.

Self sustainability is fine with me, as long as we put much better plans in place around scouting and youth development.

The club is still working on the clever marketing to achieve this and to take us to the next level.
(04-09-2021, 07:18 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

The club is still working on the clever marketing to achieve this and to take us to the next level.

The Poles and Asians are mobilising as we speak.
(04-09-2021, 07:25 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 07:18 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

The Poles and Asians are mobilising as we speak.

The club and the local community are poles apart.
I told you I’ll be back

I would say the second tier is all about self sustainability.

I’m sure there’s a link between the level of attendances and income outside of tv money...

I suspect we’ve missed the boat with that now, JRP was right when he said it was the right time to do as builders were desperate for work and we had that team at the time that would have attracted the crowds a bit more.  He then backed out of it as he realised it wouldn’t add enough value to the sale price so it didn’t suit him.   Seeing the club trying to expand etc gives the waivers a bit of belief and attracts them.  In turn it becomes self-fulfilling.  

I think the tv companies will get their way and the PL will become like LaLiga where all games are televised across Friday-Monday and all but the top clubs or those new to the “PL experience”” will see the casual fan drop off.
滚开赖
(04-09-2021, 07:27 AM)CA Baggie Wrote:

I’m sure there’s a link between the level of attendances and income outside of tv money...

I suspect we’ve missed the boat with that now, JRP was right when he said it was the right time to do as builders were desperate for work and we had that team at the time that would have attracted the crowds a bit more.  He then backed out of it as he realised it wouldn’t add enough value to the sale price so it didn’t suit him.   Seeing the club trying to expand etc gives the waivers a bit of belief and attracts them.  In turn it becomes self-fulfilling.  

I think the tv companies will get their way and the PL will become like LaLiga where all games are televised across Friday-Monday and all but the top clubs or those new to the “PL experience”” will see the casual fan drop off.

The final death knell for football in the country will when the big boys inevitably push to be able to negotiate their own TV deals, as they do in Spain. We’ve already seen that people don’t want to pay for matches outside of the big six. The Albion - Burnley viewing figures stand as testimony to this.

Good post CA and very true. The stadium expansion debate always rears its head, but simply having a stadium that is of mid-table championship capacity doesn't promote us to anyone as an ambitious club.

No one has ever wanted a while elephant which has swathes of empty seats, but the fact we haven't modestly redeveloped the Halfords or tried to utilise extra capacity in the corners is bewildering.
(04-09-2021, 07:34 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

Good post CA and very true. The stadium expansion debate always rears its head, but simply having a stadium that is of mid-table championship capacity doesn't promote us to anyone as an ambitious club.

No one has ever wanted a while elephant which has swathes of empty seats, but the fact we haven't modestly redeveloped the Halfords or tried to utilise extra capacity in the corners is bewildering.

Never mind not being able to buy 2 seats together one day before a game, you’d be able to buy 20!!! Big Grin

It will be interesting to see the impact COVID has had on attendances when the ground can open fully again.  The casual fan won’t be able to attend whilst the numbers are restricted due to Covid and will most likely be getting on for 2 years without attending when there are no restriction on attending.  By which time they may have found other hobbies or have got used to watching games on TV and lost interest in attending.
I told you I’ll be back
Neto ruled out for the season now, and its being reported that Neves could cost as little as £30m as Wolves and Fosun “restructure”

This could be a rather interesting summer.