Big Sam poll.....
Don't vote if we keep him or not, come on experts; State 1 who's better, 2 available, 3 who we can afford, and 4 if they'd come .For the first time in a long time, we received positive comments from Lineker and his crew!......... Answers not on a postcard, on this thread
(04-05-2021, 09:58 AM)ferencpuskas Wrote: Don't vote if we keep him or not, come on experts; State 1 who's better, 2 available, 3 who we can afford, and 4 if they'd come . Answers not on a postcard, on this thread  Angry

Big Sam stays and we back him, properly.

I don't want to think about the cheap and cheerful alternatives...

[Image: 6638be72d02cc8972e3533c73d37259bcc9d1c18.jpg]
(04-05-2021, 10:06 AM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(04-05-2021, 09:58 AM)ferencpuskas Wrote: Don't vote if we keep him or not, come on experts; State 1 who's better, 2 available, 3 who we can afford, and 4 if they'd come . Answers not on a postcard, on this thread  Angry

Spot on ! BN.
I was not a fan of Sams appointment at the time but fair dos he’s brought back some pride for us after the early season shit show’s culminating in Saturdays result and performance!
Backed properly is the key.

Sam has shown in his time with us that if he doesn’t get everything his own way he’ll show little interest in turning things around and instead focus his energy on preserving his reputation, and I’m just not sure he will get the kind of budget and free reign he will expect.

Also, Sam’s only experience in the Championship in the last 20 years is with WHU, where he was given a huge budget comparatively and got up through the playoffs after signing a squad of highly paid journeymen which again needed substantial investment into ageing pros on big wages upon promotion... this would be a massive gamble for the club as the funds we have available this summer need to balance making an immediate return and finding saleable assets should we fail and I’m not sure Sam will buy into this. He certainly wouldn’t stand for Dowling signing Kipré and Grady!

You were warned.
I doubt he can get us promoted re the points raised above. In reality it's just another fuck up by the board. Should have sacked Bilic before season started and got Sam in, then we'd be an easy 12th or higher now.
(04-05-2021, 10:44 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

You were warned.

Thank goodness for that. You have the patience of a saint sometimes
(04-05-2021, 10:51 AM)FenlandBoing Wrote: I doubt he can get us promoted re the points raised above. In reality it's just another fuck up by the board. Should have sacked Bilic before season started and got Seam in, then we'd be an easy 12th or higher now.

Sack the manager who's just got you promoted?
Seriously?
Remember all the fans who were calling for this last summer?
Me neither.
(04-05-2021, 11:16 AM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(04-05-2021, 10:51 AM)FenlandBoing Wrote: I doubt he can get us promoted re the points raised above. In reality it's just another fuck up by the board. Should have sacked Bilic before season started and got Seam in, then we'd be an easy 12th or higher now.

Sack the manager who's just got you promoted?
Seriously?
Remember all the fans who were calling for this last summer?
Me neither.

Bilic got us up in his first season and top two which was what was asked (or more perhaps if the board expected it to take two seasons as some reports suggest) so if we get another manager as good next season that can only be good - would have been madness to sack him. Big Sam was brought in to keep us up but after the appalling start he had -  the opposite of a new manager bounce  - looks likely to fail. 

If he succeeds he deserves to stay of course but ironically if he stays if/when we do go down it will be a good result too I think - as he wont stay unless he thinks we can go straight back up. He is here now and in a good position to negotiate keeping a squad strong enough to do that. Also any change is a risk so it makes sense to me to hope he stays at the moment, regardless of the end of season outcome as it suggests plans for premier league status and adds a bit of stability. 

He is too negative sometimes, but so are many managers - he can play more than one way though and is no Pulis (nobody is that dire) and though the circumstances that led to the eleven on the pitch that took Chelsea apart may have been a little fortuitous, he took advantage of it. Some other candidates mentioned on the dump if they came may prove to be not as good here as elsewhere too, but Sam has been at many clubs and is a safer bet. 

That said, when the bad performances come he deserves the stick as much as he deserves the credit for good ones, and too many more and you would wonder about his appetite (so to speak) being what it was in the past. That is always a bit of a concern with older managers I guess but maybe I am being ageist.