Union Jack.
I do wonder what this anti Union Flag ism is about.

It doesn't half get the KWs into a tizzy wizz!
(04-03-2021, 12:14 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: When you politicise flags you make them divisive.

“Findings suggest that national symbolism evokes a psychological attachment to the nation as an abstracted social entity, “
“the crucial meaning embodied by national flags, the psychology of national symbols remains ... reflecting historical and current political issues that we identify as paramount in the context of national flags. “

National flags have always been a political symbol. Especially your Hammer and Sickle or the International Brigades  three cornered star.

“When you politicise a flag” ffs.

Waving the Flag: National Symbolism, Social Identity, and Political Engagement.
https://www.jstor.org/stable/20447045?seq=1

(04-03-2021, 12:12 PM)wba13 Wrote: Them bleeding students at Pimlico academy don’t disagree with there protest but why burn our flag. It’s not only a Union Jack when it’s on a ship, I was bought up calling it the Union Jack not the Union Flag.

I bet those students can spell Big Grin
I told you I’ll be back
(04-03-2021, 11:32 AM)wba13 Wrote: I don’t care if there Black,white, pink ,green or yellow. I don’t agree with any racism of any form but for those kids to have burnt and them have our Union Jack taken down is totally wrong. The flag represents everything I am British through and through. Those stupid kids ought to take a history lesson
All immigrants cannot be allowed to forget our history that is what our Union Jack represents.

Flag nonce.
(04-03-2021, 12:41 PM)JOK Wrote:
(04-03-2021, 12:14 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: When you politicise flags you make them divisive.

“Findings suggest that national symbolism evokes a psychological attachment to the nation as an abstracted social entity, “
“the crucial meaning embodied by national flags, the psychology of national symbols remains ... reflecting historical and current political issues that we identify as paramount in the context of national flags. “

National flags have always been a political symbol. Especially your Hammer and Sickle or the International Brigades  three cornered star.

“When you politicise a flag” ffs.

Waving the Flag: National Symbolism, Social Identity, and Political Engagement.
https://www.jstor.org/stable/20447045?seq=1

The current political parties, one in particular but not exclusively obsession with the Union flag is normal for the U.K.? It’s not, is it?
 “National flags are assumed to be imbued with psychological meaning, paramount in conceptually representing the nation’s core values, condensing the history and memories associated with one’s nation, and embodying what the nation stands for (e.g., Butz, 2009; Schatz & Lavine, 2007). Some even say that the flag represents the soul of a society in terms of symbolic representation of national consciousness”.

‘What Do National Flags Stand for? An Exploration of Associations Across 11 Countries .’

pureadmin.qub.ac.uk/ws/portalfiles/portal/123502878/flag_paper.pdf

If that’s not a definition of political symbolism
The only obsession with the flag is yours.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-03-2021, 11:32 AM)wba13 Wrote: I don’t care if there Black,white, pink ,green or yellow. I don’t agree with any racism of any form but for those kids to have burnt and them have our Union Jack taken down is totally wrong. The flag represents everything I am British through and through. Those stupid kids ought to take a history lesson
All immigrants cannot be allowed to forget our history that is what our Union Jack represents.

Hazard a guess you’re the type who says he wants British History taught, but doesn’t want actual British History being taught in these ‘lessons’
I’d shag my flag if I was allowed to take it down from its flagpole
If you come from immigrant parents you have a very different view of the union jack - the flag of the British Empire. 

Give me the flag of St George any day.
(04-07-2021, 03:52 PM)bradesbaggie Wrote: If you come from immigrant parents you have a very different view of the union jack - the flag of the British Empire. 

Give me the flag of St George any day.

I'd agree, if it hadn't been hijacked by so many brain-dead over the years.
I don't feel the decent English have ever truly reclaimed it.