UK "A Model" for other white majority countries
(04-01-2021, 05:04 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: I see on the same day Britians shiny new report that concludes Britain is the best, most non-racist country ever, a school has banned colourful hijabs and afro hair.

I suppose it depends whether you believe local rules about school uniform and personal presentation are racist.

A ginger kid got sent home from school in Blackheath the other day for his haircut being too short at the sides and the back.
(04-01-2021, 05:04 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: I see on the same day Britians shiny new report that concludes Britain is the best, most non-racist country ever, a school has banned colourful hijabs and afro hair.

As Bortolazzi suggests, wouldn’t it be great if people read the report rather than comment on it first.
I does not say there is no racism in Britain or that it is the “most non racist country ever”.
(Still, let’s not spoil a good ‘shouty’ opportunity, hey.)

Re; school uniform. So non BAME pupils have to conform to specific  colours but not a certain section? I’m certain there is nothing in that particular religions fairy book that prohibits the use of black, navy or grey hijabs. Having said that, didn’t this Head teacher (hate calling them Principal) think to consult with staff and parents first to get a consensus? 

The curriculum change thing is weird, however, other than being covered in The Tudors there is nothing in the exam syllabus which requires the old fashioned and pointless learning of kings and dates.  So, unless this Head didn’t intend for his pupils to take GCSE or A level history, it all seems a bit strange. Unless he didn’t want them to learn multi source based critical thinking.
Is this an April Fool joke a day early?
I see the Met has arrested one of their own for being part of a right wing terror group.

Still, it's 2021 so if the UK wants to self-identify as non-racist then lets go for it.
(04-01-2021, 02:35 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: I see the Met has arrested one of their own for being part of a right wing terror group.

Still, it's 2021 so if the UK wants to self-identify as non-racist then lets go for it.

The Met also has an officer charged with rape, so what exactly are you trying to say?
(04-01-2021, 04:59 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 02:35 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: I see the Met has arrested one of their own for being part of a right wing terror group.

The Met also has an officer charged with rape, so what exactly are you trying to say?

Strange an institutionally racist country has laws outlawing Far Right organisations, an Equality and Human rights commission and a Race Relations act. 

Still, pointing out an infinitesimal minority of individuals proves it. 

They haven't banned either, though, have they Ted?

A negative generalisation about an entire group based on the actions of one individual is not really a very bright thing to do, is it?
Middle aged white men (presumably / the majority) on football message board seemingly content with report that numerous other experts cast doubts on. Fair enough, I admire your certainty.
(04-01-2021, 07:58 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Middle aged white men (presumably / the majority) on football message board seemingly content with report that numerous other experts cast doubts on. Fair enough, I admire your certainty.

And you are denying the conclusions of a panel of experts who have actually considered the data rather than acting outraged on Twitter without having even read it.
(04-01-2021, 08:07 PM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 07:58 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Middle aged white men (presumably / the majority) on football message board seemingly content with report that numerous other experts cast doubts on. Fair enough, I admire your certainty.

And you are denying the conclusions of a panel of experts who have actually considered the data rather than acting outraged on Twitter without having even read it.

I’m not denying anything. I’m questioning the certainty of others opinions on here that the report is undeniably accurate. You are denying other experts who have read the report and do have genuine, well researched concerns with the report an opinion that differs. 

My opinion is most of us on here if not all are not qualified to say whether the report is correct or not.

I’m not sure what Twitter has to do with anything in regards to what I said.