Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Third Place Playoff
They could do the same as in the Olympic boxing - both beaten semi-finalists get bronze medals.
(07-12-2018, 01:19 PM)wba_go_boing Wrote: They’ve bothered with it in the World Cup since 1930

Are we saying we’re above that?!

You and your missus must have a wonderful sexlife if you're as obsessed with coming third in that respect as well.
Fair enough - thought people liked watching football

Bah humbug to the lot of you!!
Until this hangover pisses off (assuming around 7pm tonight once I've been in the pub an hour) then football can fuck off.
(07-12-2018, 01:38 PM)P_K Wrote: Until this hangover pisses off (assuming around 7pm tonight once I've been in the pub an hour) then football can fuck off.

It will begin again on 4th August. WBA v Bolton x
Is this thread all because Chrissy Waddle has been waddling his gob off on Radio 5, and I've also noticed that twat Piers Morgan has chucked his beans up Talksportshite about it?

Fucking hell. Lets completely disregard a 84 year old element of the World Cup... FFS Sakes! ! !
(07-12-2018, 02:20 PM)SausEggBagel Wrote: Is this thread all because Chrissy Waddle has been waddling his gob off on Radio 5, and I've also noticed that twat Piers Morgan has chucked his beans up Talksportshite about it?

Fucking hell. Lets completely disregard a 84 year old element of the World Cup... FFS Sakes! ! !

Another reason why we are despised across the globe. Sheer arrogance to competitions like the Europa League and now this auspicious 3rd/4th place tie
(07-12-2018, 02:20 PM)SausEggBagel Wrote: Is this thread all because Chrissy Waddle has been waddling his gob off on Radio 5, and I've also noticed that twat Piers Morgan has chucked his beans up Talksportshite about it?

No.  It's been discussed for years.  Wind yer neck in.

I don’t listen to either station so no. It started because I felt making two teams who have just suffered crushing defeats play a match neither wants to be a bit pointless.

Frankly I couldn’t care less if we come third or fourth.
(07-12-2018, 02:25 PM)Big_Dave Wrote:

Another reason why we are despised across the globe. Sheer arrogance to competitions like the Europa League and now this auspicious 3rd/4th place tie

What is "auspicious" about playing for 3rd or 4th place? "Auspicious"?

And we are despised, are we, for discussing it?

Fuck's sake.