Booking.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Third Place Playoff
(07-12-2018, 11:05 AM)baggy1 Wrote: From a purely Albion point of view it's a good thing. It means Chadli stays at the world cup for another 5 days and as FIFA pay for the time  player spends out there it gives us more dough to sit on.

Also the only play-off game that we'll have any interest in this season.
(07-12-2018, 11:07 AM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 11:05 AM)baggy1 Wrote: From a purely Albion point of view it's a good thing. It means Chadli stays at the world cup for another 5 days and as FIFA pay for the time  player spends out there it gives us more dough to sit on.

Also the only play-off game that we'll have any interest in this season.

With the number of teams at the next World Cup increasing, it would be good if the two finalists and the winner of the third place play-of four qualified automatically going forward.  That would at least make the play-off meaningful!
(07-12-2018, 10:05 AM)Duffmon Wrote: Why do they bother with it?

Awful match that nobody wants any part in.

What a silly question, it's to award a 3rd place/bronze medal. 

Considering the Third Place play-off has been in effect since 1934 I doubt they are going to change the format anytime soon.
Yeah 2-1.David Platt opened the scoring with a header.It was a good game.
I’m not staying in for that load of tosh.
Seems a bit arrogant to write it off

We’re in a 4 year “World Cup” of football that awards 1st, 2nd & 3rd with medals

I’d love us to finish 3rd rather than 4th
It should be renamed the Jim Bowen Trophy.
(07-12-2018, 12:15 PM)P_K Wrote: It should be renamed the Jim Bowen Trophy.

The whole game has that feeling running through it. Must be the most miserable game of football to be involved in.

(07-12-2018, 12:14 PM)wba_go_boing Wrote: Seems a bit arrogant to write it off

We’re in a 4 year “World Cup” of football that awards 1st, 2nd & 3rd with medals

I’d love us to finish 3rd rather than 4th

Ay it.
(07-12-2018, 12:40 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: The whole game has that feeling running through it. Must be the most miserable game of football to be involved in.

It's about as exciting as finding out wether you've got Gonorrhea or Syphilis, not that I've experienced either you understand.