Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Third Place Playoff
Why do they bother with it?

Awful match that nobody wants any part in.
Money
The most irrelevant game in football!!
Dead rubber. May not even watch tbf.
It is just on for the money. I won't bother watching it and have never watched to others.
Absolute waste of time, purely on for the sponsors, they could decide 3rd place on the teams disciplinary record, like in the  group stages.
Another chance for the bench warmers to right the result from the final group match.
Can anyone here remember the score from the 3rd place game in 90 without looking it up? that tells you everything you need to know about this game.

Personally, I've got a vague recollection that we lost, but can't remember if we put a full strength team out or what the final score was.
(07-12-2018, 11:03 AM)spudgun Wrote: Can anyone here remember the score from the 3rd place game in 90 without looking it up? that tells you everything you need to know about this game.

Personally, I've got a vague recollection that we lost, but can't remember if we put a full strength team out or what the final score was.

2-1 Italy. actually quite entertaining and played in a great spirit if my memory serves me well.

Completely pointless though.
From a purely Albion point of view it's a good thing. It means Chadli stays at the world cup for another 5 days and as FIFA pay for the time player spends out there it gives us more dough to sit on.