Booking.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WC is over now for a great Indian Summer
Whilst The Albion is the sporting love of my life Cricket is only a bails length behind, this summer’s visit of a wonderful Indian side promises to be a fantastic series, in the past Tendulkar and Gavaskar apart the great Indian batsmen have struggled in ‘English conditions’ but this year is different, it’s later in the year, the summer has been unusually dry, the pitches will not be that conducive to swing the red ball, a fascinating battle is on the cards, fancy the tourists to win the ODI’s and a draw in the tests
(07-12-2018, 09:33 AM)Sidders Wrote: Whilst The Albion is the sporting love of my life Cricket is only a bails length behind, this summer’s visit of a wonderful Indian side promises to be a fantastic series, in the past Tendulkar and Gavaskar apart the great Indian batsmen have struggled in ‘English conditions’ but this year is different, it’s later in the year, the summer has been unusually dry, the pitches will not be that conducive to swing the red ball, a fascinating battle is on the cards, fancy the tourists to win the ODI’s and a draw in the tests

Should be a great summer of cricket. Two well-matched terms without the hype of the Ashes. Looking forward to it.
Does cricket still exist?

Seems impossible to watch or hear about it unless you have sky
(07-12-2018, 09:54 AM)wba_go_boing Wrote: Does cricket still exist?

Channel 4 Has highlights of most one day /20-20

I too love the cricket , and will watch even if it clash's with football other than Albion.
Can't see us beating India across five test matches. They've got a settled and most importantly well balanced side, England just haven't.

We might win a test if we get a bit of rain and it's stop-start. Over five days I think India will be too much, they have a top order full of batsmen all of which are capable of making massive runs. Even their quick bowling has been improving over the last few years. If he can stay fit I think this might be the series where Umesh Yadav gets the figures to back up his performances.
One silly shot from Roy and the can of worms are open, still cannot play decent leg spin !!
(07-12-2018, 09:54 AM)wba_go_boing Wrote: Does cricket still exist?

I think that's why test cricket is struggling, I Think there has been a steady decline in spectator numbers since the ECB sold the sole, took the 30 pieces of silver and took it off terrestrial telly.
(07-12-2018, 09:33 AM)Sidders Wrote: Whilst The Albion is the sporting love of my life Cricket is only a bails length behind, this summer’s visit of a wonderful Indian side promises to be a fantastic series, in the past Tendulkar and Gavaskar apart the great Indian batsmen have struggled in ‘English conditions’ but this year is different, it’s later in the year, the summer has been unusually dry, the pitches will not be that conducive to swing the red ball, a fascinating battle is on the cards, fancy the tourists to win the ODI’s and a draw in the tests

Great post pal. These Indian batsmen have plenty to prove in English conditions - after those horror tours of 2011 and 2014
Certainly started great for the Indians.
Just got back from Trent Bridge ...via a few hostelries.
An easy victory for India and, as such, not a great days entertainment given the one sided nature of today's game.

This Indian team is magnificent on every front and in any format.

England will need to be on top of their game to match them let alone beat them.

A pleasure to see skilful bowling by Kuldeep and sublime batting from Sharma. Long may it continue!