Booking.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
53 years ive been alive
Journeymen?
(07-12-2018, 12:07 PM)bangalorebaggie Wrote: I was watching the game over lunch in Lima and walked away after 10 minutes of the second half, I knew what was going to happen.

Good for you. 

You walked away when we were winning though?
(07-12-2018, 12:07 PM)bangalorebaggie Wrote: I think the England team flattered to deceive. Great organisation only takes you so far and then the weaknesses of individuals kicks in. I have never rated Walker and his showing on the big stage exposed him for what he is, ordinary.
Saying that we should have beaten Croatia, not by any means worthy of. World Cup final. When you see the players Belgium has and look at our team, besides Kane non really World Class, good journeyman.
I think overall we did better then we could have hoped, but yes there was that feeling of inevitability about the whole thing. I was watching the game over lunch in Lima and walked away after 10 minutes of the second half, I knew what was going to happen.

The inevitable won’t always happen though, and when one day it doesn’t, you’ll kick yourself for being one of the few who missed it happening. Sport is at it’s best when the incredible happens and the odds are defied. It’ll happen for England one day.

I am puzzled why Man City paid 50m for Walker. Great business for Spurs. He was weak last night once the Croatians started to attack. I guess when City keep the ball there's little defending to do on a large scale.
(07-12-2018, 08:07 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: I am puzzled why Man City paid 50m for Walker. Great business for Spurs. He was weak last night once the Croatians started to attack. I guess when City keep the ball there's little defending to do on a large scale.

They bought him to play wing back, something he is very, very good at.