Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's all be proud of failiure!...
Our best chance of winning the Cup of the World for god knows how many years and we still conspired to fuck it up ffs!
We dominated the fust half 2 or 3 nil wouldn't have flattered us, but where the feck did we go in the second bugger?....the sea of tranqulility!

I just can't subscribe to this: "Didn't we do well" malarky.

Huh ..."It steams my melon"

Cricket.
It’s in built. Gallant English failure innit?
(07-11-2018, 11:31 PM)Big_Dave Wrote: It’s in built. Gallant English failure innit?

Isn't it just old beanl
Stiff upper lip time young man.We're British you know.
(07-11-2018, 11:43 PM)Black Penny Wrote: Stiff upper lip time young man.We're British you know.

Stiff upper lip but a really limp dick lol
Big Grin
(07-11-2018, 11:21 PM)scoreywitt Wrote: Our best chance of winning the Cup of the World for god knows how many years and we still conspired to fuck it up ffs!
We dominated the fust half 2 or 3 nil wouldn't have flattered us, but where the feck did we go in the second bugger?....the sea of tranqulility!

Cricket.

My favourite bits
(07-12-2018, 12:00 AM)imsotall Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 11:21 PM)scoreywitt Wrote: Our best chance of winning the Cup of the World for god knows how many years and we still conspired to fuck it up ffs!

Cricket.

My favourite bits
Mine also squire, i think there's a sequel to be had!

Cricket.
Give this man a cigar as it needed saying. First half was the best I have ever seen England play and we should have at least doubled the lead. Came out complacent in the second, hopes of holding onto a 1-0 lead and resorted to long ball tactics. Our inexperience showed as we invited Croatia to attack and let them dominate. Funny thing was, we looked knackered, while Croatia who have been to extra time in their two previous games, looked far fitter. 
Reality is, we beat Tunisia, Panama and Sweden who are mediocre teams at best. We got through a penalty shoot out against Columbia that could have easily gone the other way and lost to Belgium and Croatia who were and are far better teams. While I am as gutted as any of my countrymen, England are unable to perform and get it right against the top teams, so for me nothing has changed. Southgate  should be applauded for giving us a good run when we had little hope, but most of all, he needs credit for throwing the Belgium game and giving us the easier side of the tournament to navigate. Had we faced teams from the other half, we would have been out a few weeks ago.
Could have been so different, imagine if Kane, Alli, Lingard and Stirling had turned up
Gutted, will never ever have a better chance.