Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gutted but proud
They did really well and I enjoyed the ride to take my mind off our transfer policy under Jenkins.

Southgate should have absolutely gone 451 when they were dominating the wide midfield areas for the entire second half. He's taken the unlikable element out of the squad and is clearly proud to manage the country but his in game tactics and substitutions are pretty none existent.
This is as low as I’ve ever felt after a football match. Even worse than the Villa cup match, which I didn’t think could be topped.

What a huge opportunity we’ve let slip.
(07-12-2018, 03:01 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: This is as low as I’ve ever felt after a football match. Even worse than the Villa cup match, which I didn’t think could be topped.

What a huge opportunity we’ve let slip.

This is how I feel. Although we got further than what was antisipated. I find it hard to believe we'll get this chance for a final again.
Personaly I don't feel as bad as I did leaving Wembley after the Derby defeat, with all them sheep shaggers teckin the piss.
(07-11-2018, 09:00 PM)Baggpuss Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 08:55 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: Albion every time. They've done well to get as far as they did, but the better team won tonight.

Agreed - first decent team we met!

Same old story.  

England fans can go on - as they do every tournament - about winning it - but they are just not good enough to be at the top table, despite the vast majority of the usual top teams being a complete mess at this world cup.  

All it will have done is massively raise expectations for 2020 especially with 7 games being played at Wembley including the semis and the final.
(07-12-2018, 07:47 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 08:55 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: Albion every time. They've done well to get as far as they did, but the better team won tonight.

Same old story.  

England fans can go on - as they do every tournament - about winning it - but they are just not good enough to be at the top table, despite the vast majority of the usual top teams being a complete mess at this world cup.  

All it will have done is massively raise expectations for 2020 especially with 7 games being played at Wembley including the semis and the final.

Someone mentioned something yesterday about games at Wembley in 2020 and I thought they'd got it wrong. Just checked, and obviously you're right. I had no idea this was happening.

(07-12-2018, 08:36 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

Same old story.  

Someone mentioned something yesterday about games at Wembley in 2020 and I thought they'd got it wrong. Just checked, and obviously you're right. I had no idea this was happening.

Originally Wembley was only hosting the semis and the final but the Belgian stadium hit some issues and there were fears it would not be ready in time so they moved those group games and the round of 16 game to Wembley too.
We lost against a team lower ranked than us and with a entire population of around 1/3 of that of London.

Great to get to th semis - but overall a disappointment to me.
(07-13-2018, 06:51 AM)Fbaggy Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 08:36 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

Same old story.  

Originally Wembley was only hosting the semis and the final but the Belgian stadium hit some issues and there were fears it would not be ready in time so they moved those group games and the round of 16 game to Wembley too.

There’s potential for an amazing (and expensive) few weekends in two years. Having been initially sceptical it would be pretty cool to do a weekend in say, Amsterdam and take in a game or two then going to Copenhagen the weekend after and doing it all again.