Booking.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gutted but proud
(07-11-2018, 09:40 PM)Dumbo Wrote: I hurts a little more just because of the way it’s fallen for us.

Will we ever have a better run of the draw? Or a will the like of Spain, Germs, Argentina, Portugal etc etc have such poor tournaments again? A massive opportunity.

Still proud though.

It feels a bit like when Leicester won the League.
Disappointed but given the average age of the team and the expectations of most prior to the tournament, can't really complain. In hindsight, maybe 352 wasn't the best formation tonight but we lost to a very talented Croatian team who have players from many of Europe's top clubs. They'll definitely give France more of a game in the final than we would have.

I've said it several times on here already in the past few months that this tournament came too soon for this group and I fully expect a tilt at the Euros in 2020.
(07-11-2018, 10:00 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Disappointed but given the average age of the team and the expectations of most prior to the tournament, can't really complain. In hindsight, maybe 352 wasn't the best formation tonight but we lost to a very talented Croatian team who have players from many of Europe's top clubs. They'll definitely give France more of a game in the final than we would have.

I've said it several times on here already in the past few months that this tournament came too soon for this group and I fully expect a tilt at the Euros in 2020.

Agreed this was just a bonus tournament
Best team did win but disappointed for England. Still had the usual shower of hypocrites in my local cheering everything Croatia did but will be cheering on Rashford, Young etc when the Prem starts in a few weeks time.

Bring on The Baggies.
We lost tonight, but as England fans we can walk away from this tournament with our heads held high.

Southgate has certainly earned the right to carry on doing the brilliant work he has been doing.
We lost, but the first time for a long while I don't feel disappointed. Thanks for that Gareth!
(07-11-2018, 09:41 PM)Mayo Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 09:36 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 09:33 PM)Mayo Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 09:26 PM)Fido Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 09:24 PM)Mayo Wrote: Ditto - wrong side of 50 now. This was as good a chance as I think I'll see and for me Southgate blew it. 
I get how well he comes across and we got further than expected but it fell nicely and a better manager may have taken advantage.  I think he will get the job for a while now and sadly I think that means we will not get much further forward. A decent bloke though who you can get behind unlike Fat Sam for example. Must be a better option somewhere though...

I would love to hear a list of better alternatives. He got loads more right than he did wrong.

I don't have a list - thankfully not my job - if it were i think i coukd probably provide one. He was ok as a club manager but not great and same for England for me. I can't see it getting better under him but would love to be wrong. He could get better of course but also it could yet end in tears.

Mayo in overly criticising a manager shocker...

From the twat who thinks winning the championship title was not an achievement. You are just trying to cause trouble again. Well go fuck yourself you argumentative cunt.

No just trying to be fair to an England manager and team that have been a credit to the country.
(07-12-2018, 06:17 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 09:33 PM)Mayo Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 09:26 PM)Fido Wrote: I would love to hear a list of better alternatives. He got loads more right than he did wrong.

I don't have a list - thankfully not my job - if it were i think i coukd probably provide one. He was ok as a club manager but not great and same for England for me. I can't see it getting better under him but would love to be wrong. He could get better of course but also it could yet end in tears.

From the twat who thinks winning the championship title was not an achievement. You are just trying to cause trouble again. Well go fuck yourself you argumentative cunt.

No just trying to be fair to an England manager and team that have been a credit to the country.
Liar. You were referring back to past disagreements on Pulis as you just can't let it go how wrong  you were so you constantly try and pick fights with those who criticised him. Your post said nothing, it was just another personal dig. You utter sad little prick.
(07-12-2018, 06:47 AM)Mayo Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 09:33 PM)Mayo Wrote: I don't have a list - thankfully not my job - if it were i think i coukd probably provide one. He was ok as a club manager but not great and same for England for me. I can't see it getting better under him but would love to be wrong. He could get better of course but also it could yet end in tears.

Liar. You were referring back to past disagreements on Pulis as you just can't let it go how wrong  you were so you constantly try and pick fights with those who criticised him. Your post said nothing, it was just another personal dig. You utter sad little prick.

You were been over critical of Southgate. He has done exceptionally well to get this very young team to the semi-finals of the World Cup and bring the nation with them. Yes my remark did have a reference to your overly critical comments past and present.
(07-12-2018, 07:01 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 06:47 AM)Mayo Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 09:36 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Mayo in overly criticising a manager shocker...

You were been over critical of Southgate. He has done exceptionally well to get this very young team to the semi-finals of the World Cup and bring the nation with them. Yes my remark did have a reference to your overly critical comments past and present.
Bollocks. I was being critical not overly critical. You are just obsessed and a pathetic troll now on this board.