Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gutted but proud
Proud of these young players and gutted for them but just not good enough on the night croatia's more experience won them the game , but the future looks bright and hopefully our time will come again and this experience will be invaluable to them on how to close a game out.
a tournament we can all be proud of.

hope this is the start of something special.
The next decade is bright for England. That was just the start.
my thoughts exactly mate looking forward to our new season
(07-11-2018, 08:53 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: My boy in tears too. I'm gutted but can never get as upset by England as I do Albion.
 Nearly 50 and seen neither in a final.

Ditto - wrong side of 50 now. This was as good a chance as I think I'll see and for me Southgate blew it. 
I get how well he comes across and we got further than expected but it fell nicely and a better manager may have taken advantage.  I think he will get the job for a while now and sadly I think that means we will not get much further forward. A decent bloke though who you can get behind unlike Fat Sam for example. Must be a better option somewhere though...
My 10 daughter is in bed now, after holding back the tears.

I said Don’t worry bab you’ll only be 38 by the time you see them in the next semi final!!!

Her new Albion kit arrives soon so that’ll cheer her up.
(07-11-2018, 09:24 PM)Mayo Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 08:53 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: My boy in tears too. I'm gutted but can never get as upset by England as I do Albion.

Ditto - wrong side of 50 now. This was as good a chance as I think I'll see and for me Southgate blew it. 
I get how well he comes across and we got further than expected but it fell nicely and a better manager may have taken advantage.  I think he will get the job for a while now and sadly I think that means we will not get much further forward. A decent bloke though who you can get behind unlike Fat Sam for example. Must be a better option somewhere though...

I would love to hear a list of better alternatives. He got loads more right than he did wrong.
Strangely enough I feel nothing compared to the night of Foster having his episode at Villa park, but it’s a big step on the way to actually enjoying watching my national team again. They’re all very good, humble, hard working lads - made a far better fist of it than the “golden generation “
(07-11-2018, 09:27 PM)TTM Wrote: Strangely enough I feel nothing compared to the night of Foster having his episode at Villa park, but it’s a big step on the way to actually enjoying watching my national team again. They’re all very good, humble, hard working lads - made a far better fist of it than the “golden generation “

We had better players on paper then and a variety of managers who couldn't get a tune out of them too.

Snap...unless you count the play-off final.

Is it age / maturity or just that I don't feel we were robbed as we were in 1990?

(07-11-2018, 09:27 PM)TTM Wrote: Strangely enough I feel nothing compared to the night of Foster having his episode at Villa park, but it’s a big step on the way to actually enjoying watching my national team again. They’re all very good, humble, hard working lads - made a far better fist of it than the “golden generation “

Spot on. Be proud!