Booking.com
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RAF flypast
(07-10-2018, 12:58 PM)Montserratbaggie Wrote: Boys and their toys.

Prefer dolls?

Err we do have female pilots these days, for quite while now actually.  We also have a couple of Transgendered ones as well.

The RAF have quite a number of female pilots, even piloting the Typhoon
Absolutely splendid tribute to the RAF.

Thank goodness for the Battle Of Britain fighters.
(07-10-2018, 12:21 PM)Black Penny Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 12:18 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 12:18 PM)Black Penny Wrote: Here we go again - I'm offended your offended claptrap.

I'm not offended just a little bemused. Are you offended?

Are you related to the pigeons?

That’s Athers.
Fokkers

(07-10-2018, 01:36 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: Absolutely splendid tribute to the RAF.

if you are ever down Dover way make your way to the Battle of Britain memorial site.  There's a Hurricane and a Spitfire on show on top of the white cliffs at Capel le Ferne.  My missus is related to lots of people in Capel as her aunt and uncle had the biggest farm around that area and they were a big family who ran most of the local businesses. 

There is a memorial wall with all of the names of the BofB pilots etched into it.   Have a look at this website and let the photos run for a minute or two. 

https://www.battleofbritainmemorial.org
(07-10-2018, 02:24 PM)Redbone Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 01:36 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: Absolutely splendid tribute to the RAF.

if you are ever down Dover way make your way to the Battle of Britain memorial site.  There's a Hurricane and a Spitfire on show  on top of the white cliffs at Capel le Ferne.  My missus is related to lots of people in Capel as her aunt and uncle had the biggest farm around that area and they were a big family who ran most of the local businesses. 

There is a memorial wall with all of the names of the BofB pilots etched into it.   Have a look at this website and let the photos run for a minute or two. 

https://www.battleofbritainmemorial.org
Also go to RAF Hawkinge a few miles down the road, it has the Kent BoB Museum .
The memorial at Capel is magnificent.
Best of the lot is the Fighter Command bunker at RAF Uxbridge. It's set up as it was on Sept 15 1940 when everything we had was in the air. Definitely some ghosts down there.
(07-10-2018, 12:05 PM)Man of Harlech Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 12:03 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: Impressive (BBC1)

Bloody impressive that we actually have  a 100 serviceable aircraft. Anyways Happy 100th to us.

lets be grateful for what we've got - those guys who flew during the 2ww were real heroes.

I know you wold have preferred a soviet fly past.