1% NHS Payrise
1% mean. But more than many are getting. Job losses,  furlough, pay cuts or simply no pay rise for many
(03-06-2021, 01:00 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: 1% mean. But more than many are getting. Job losses,  furlough, pay cuts or simply no pay rise for many

I've had a single 1% pay rise in 7 years. I wouldn't begrudge NHS staff a decent pay rise given what they've had to do in the past year.
I ain't had one for about 5/6 years infact I'm on less money by going on the books.... The 1% is a fucking piss take I owe my life to them will always back them to the hilt... But 12%in this climate it ain't going to happen.
(03-06-2021, 03:46 PM)The liquidator Wrote: I ain't had one for about 5/6 years infact I'm on less money by going on the books.... The 1% is a fucking piss take I owe my life to them will always back them to the hilt... But 12%in this climate it ain't going to happen.

How about 2%, then at least it's not a real terms pay cut.
It can't have escaped your attention, surely - that we're all going to be in for baked-in pay cuts for the next 5 years?

The Tories will be happy to let people get outraged about "nurses"* as they're then less likely to look at the fact that the government has shafted all of us.

I don't have any more sympathy with NHS workers than I do with the workers who've kept Aldi and Amazon running. They're no more deserving of a pay rise, particularly as their employment status has been and is solid and they benefit from pension entitlements the rest of us could only dream of.

*Not all NHS Workers are nurses - far from it
(03-06-2021, 06:11 PM)Protheroe Wrote: It can't have escaped your attention, surely - that we're all going to be in for baked-in pay cuts for the next 5 years?

The Tories will be happy to let people get outraged about "nurses"* as they're then less likely to look at the fact that the government has shafted all of us.

I don't have any more sympathy with NHS workers than I do with the workers who've kept Aldi and Amazon running. They're no more deserving of a pay rise, particularly as their employment status has been and is solid and they benefit from pension entitlements the rest of us could only dream of.

Aldi and Amazon are private corporations. How they choose to, or not to, reward their staff is down to them, not the government, so has no relevance here.

The government has the means to reward those who have been at the front line for the absolute horror show of the last 12 months with an increase at the very least on a par with rising costs of living and have chosen not to.
(03-06-2021, 06:11 PM)Protheroe Wrote: It can't have escaped your attention, surely - that we're all going to be in for baked-in pay cuts for the next 5 years?

[Image: y8f7-jv9PPDQqMb5ihpFm6F7VBGbBnOLXIlYX5Tj...461ebce421]

That is why I have more sympathy that they have, yet again, had a real terms pay cut than I do private sector workers at Amazon and Aldi.
(03-05-2021, 02:25 PM)Duffers Wrote: Apparently the government can’t afford any more.

What about all that money the bus promised?

The bus didn't promise anything. 'Let's' is a suggestion and, as a single-issue campaign group, Vote Leave could promise nothing.

However, the NHS is getting £394m a week extra in any case. https://pharmaceutical-journal.com/artic...ding-boost

Tedious rehashing of tedious and specious arguments that have long since been proven wrong and redundant.

(03-05-2021, 11:00 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:
(03-05-2021, 09:50 PM)The liquidator Wrote: They give to the NHS..... Then the police say well we wa t a rise then comes the fire brigade..... then the teachers say they want a piece of the pie and then up pops the bin men..... Where does it end.

I think they should have had a rise but they have asked for 12% ffs

You tell me where does it all come from???

This teacher is not expecting a pay rise nor asking for one but those front line NHS  workers deserve decent recognition.
All those Tory cunts who were out clapping, and shaming others for not supporting the token gesture, are now crawling out of the woodwork I see.

I don't think the two sets of people in your last sentence are very contiguous so the apparent contradiction you're angry with is illusory.
(03-07-2021, 09:19 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

That is why I have more sympathy that they have, yet again, had a real terms pay cut than I do private sector workers at Amazon and Aldi.

He’s also conveniently erased the last ten years where public sector workers have been made redundant. To the point where services such as health, care, disabled, mental health and law and law order have seen services plummet. 

Public and Private sector should not be allowed to be divided by those who serve to muddy the waters because they ideologically believe in a small state despite two crisis’s now proving that society would suffer greatly without both.
(03-07-2021, 09:19 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

Fancy selecting 2010 as the base year, just after the two years of the greatest financial crisis and private sector devastation in our history.

Have you got the figures starting from say, 2008?