1% NHS Payrise
That has nothing to do with payrise ... I'm being honest I want a pay rise I don't expect one in this climate.
(03-05-2021, 09:28 PM)The liquidator Wrote: That has nothing to do with payrise ... I'm being honest I want a pay rise I don't expect one in this climate.

Yes it does it shows they are prepared to spend billions on the private sector with connections to their own party but are not prepared to give a pay rise to those on the front line of the NHS. It must be particularly galling given the same NHS workers are the ones who are delivering the vaccine rollout the cabinet are currently applauding themselves for.
They give to the NHS..... Then the police say well we wa t a rise then comes the fire brigade..... then the teachers say they want a piece of the pie and then up pops the bin men..... Where does it end.

I think they should have had a rise but they have asked for 12% ffs

You tell me where does it all come from???
I see it’s a race to the bottom
(03-05-2021, 09:50 PM)The liquidator Wrote: They give to the NHS..... Then the police say well we wa t a rise then comes the fire brigade..... then the teachers say they want a piece of the pie and then up pops the bin men..... Where does it end.

Fuck me. 

Truly the wolves have an easy prey.
(03-05-2021, 09:50 PM)The liquidator Wrote: They give to the NHS..... Then the police say well we wa t a rise then comes the fire brigade..... then the teachers say they want a piece of the pie and then up pops the bin men..... Where does it end.

This teacher is not expecting a pay rise nor asking for one but those front line NHS  workers deserve decent recognition.
All those Tory cunts who were out clapping, and shaming others for not supporting the token gesture, are now crawling out of the woodwork I see.
Not having a payrise yourself and being treated like shit by your own employers is not a reason to deny others.
An interesting fact that came out of the pandemic coverage, was that 1.8 % of NHS staff come from the Philippines. A country which I don't think we have a colonial history.
I would bet that the % of NHS staff who are immigrants has increased over the last 40 years. A period in which nursing has become more professional in terms of qualifications and responsibilities, but without a commensurate increase in salary.
I suspect that as a profession it is becoming more difficult to fill with UK staff, and I can only see it being more difficult.

Conservative politicians are quite happy to court the anti immigration vote, but at the same time overseeing a economic policy which means that key jobs would not be filled without immigration.

As an aside, what effect does this have on the intellectual infrastructure of the countries that the immigrants come from. An effect which just encourages more economic migrants.

Coherent is not a word to describe the current Government's policies.
[Image: EvyW2zXWYAIbSKq?format=jpg&name=medium]
Seeing as we have blown the bank with furlough it seems madness to save pennies on Nurses in the grand scheme of things, not to mention contracts to your mates, wasted Track and Trace funding. If we're fucked for years anyway we may as well give more to those that have given the most.