Self Defeating Starmer
Pointing out that Midlands & Northern towns who've elected Tory MPs for the first time in living memory are receiving funding for capital improvements is not the best attack line.
Wow.

It's certainly a unique strategy.
Well the only other attack line is that they're getting less funds with this than they were getting from the EU when we were a member states but Labour can't do that.
(03-05-2021, 02:25 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Well the only other attack line is that they're getting less funds with this than they were getting from the EU when we were a member states but Labour can't do that.

Well they've chosen the only other monumentally stupid attack line.
Isn’t the point that the funding seemingly going disproportionately to towns that have Conservative MP’s, councils and that many of them aren’t considered disadvantaged in anyway?
He's not doing very well. Should be an open goal vs Bumbling Boris. But Starmer coming across like the lawyer he is. Insincere.
(03-06-2021, 01:19 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: He's not doing very well. Should be an open goal vs Bumbling Boris. But Starmer coming across like the lawyer he is. Insincere.

You'd be surprised CIM, I've never pushed my politics onto my family who have always made their own choices on voting. Most of them have said that the nurses 1% is the last straw for them and won't be voting tory again.

Starmer is highlighting when it happens the cronyism and failures of the government. Polls mean fuck all at the moment and will be based on the current feel good factor of the vaccines, but when the time comes to remind everyone of the points made in totality then Boris or whoever is running the show will be looking at voters who will be saying 'oh yeah I remember that'. 

Undrestimate Starmer all you like, he's a clever bloke and in 3 years time the effects of tory decisions will be laid out clearly - brexit, covid mistakes, treatment of nurses, cronyism. And the ace is the sleeve about the subject of the thread is Robert Jenrick and the obvious self serving he has been party to.
(03-06-2021, 01:19 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: He's not doing very well. Should be an open goal vs Bumbling Boris. But Starmer coming across like the lawyer he is. Insincere.

Where to begin with this.

Harsh on lawyers, and particularly Starmer who did a lot of pro bono work.

Incumbents throughout the world have seen their poll ratings go up during the pandemic, Johnson was an anomaly  in this regard as his went down.

Given the success of the vaccine rollout,  it's  not surprising that his and the conservatives poll ratings here currently  on the rise.

What would concern the conservatives was that Starmer was able to close the gap and indeed go ahead in polls regarding  who would be the best PM. It suggests that the conservatives have little room for error.
And I say all of this as someone  who is not a fan of Starmer. But I think some of the current criticism of him is  I'll judged.
(03-06-2021, 01:39 PM)baggy1 Wrote:

You'd be surprised CIM, I've never pushed my politics onto my family who have always made their own choices on voting. Most of them have said that the nurses 1% is the last straw for them and won't be voting tory again.

Starmer is highlighting when it happens the cronyism and failures of the government. Polls mean fuck all at the moment and will be based on the current feel good factor of the vaccines, but when the time comes to remind everyone of the points made in totality then Boris or whoever is running the show will be looking at voters who will be saying 'oh yeah I remember that'. 

Undrestimate Starmer all you like, he's a clever bloke and in 3 years time the effects of tory decisions will be laid out clearly - brexit, covid mistakes, treatment of nurses, cronyism. And the ace is the sleeve about the subject of the thread is Robert Jenrick and the obvious self serving he has been party to.

No doubts hes a clever bloke. A very good lawyer. But like Blair I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. Boris likewise.
(03-06-2021, 02:48 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 01:39 PM)baggy1 Wrote:

No doubts hes a clever bloke. A very good lawyer. But like Blair I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. Boris likewise.

Please supply a list of those in the current cabinet that are trustworthy. You’ll still vote for them no matter what they do Wink