The Elon Musk Effect
(02-15-2021, 07:37 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: They had a government bail out years ago.

The stock price has a huge amount of "hope" built into it for future sales. German build quality is better, and as the premium brands focus more on their electric offering, the appeal of Tesla diminishes.

It's also based around Musk being some sort of religious figure for some people and Tesla's battery development. I'd say their battery development is a larger proportion than the rest of the company
(02-15-2021, 07:37 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: They had a government bail out years ago.

The stock price has a huge amount of "hope" built into it for future sales. German build quality is better, and as the premium brands focus more on their electric offering, the appeal of Tesla diminishes.

JLR announced they are going all electric today. Pretty sure all the big guns will do likewise
(02-15-2021, 08:02 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

It's also based around Musk being some sort of religious figure for some people and Tesla's battery development. I'd say their battery development is a larger proportion than the rest of the company

I think initially Tesla’s whole operation was intended as a way to boost the demand for batteries. I don’t believe they long term wanted to produce cars however the success they’ve had is certainly rethinking that policy... But I suppose you adapt to demand.
(02-15-2021, 08:11 PM)B36baggie Wrote:

JLR announced they are going all electric today. Pretty sure all the big guns will do likewise
I heard that. I'm mourning the loss of the combustion engine already.
Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
B36baggie Wrote:
Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:They had a government bail out years ago.

Me n'all.  Modern cars leave me cold but any motor 25 years old and more gets my attention. I still think we are throwing out the baby with the bathwater with the race to electric cars.
(02-15-2021, 02:48 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 01:42 PM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: A very shady individual imo

Huge power too.

I’d say! Owns some battery factories...
(02-15-2021, 09:06 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
B36baggie Wrote:
Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:They had a government bail out years ago.

Me n'all.  Modern cars leave me cold but any motor 25 years old and more gets my attention. I still think we are throwing out the baby with the bathwater with the race to electric cars.
I'm the Anti-Christ. I've been driving 3 litre 6 cylinder diesels for years. Fast, economical and fucks up the environment  Tongue
The Elon Musk Effect - sounds like a band on one of the minor stages at Glastonbury
(02-15-2021, 10:45 PM)Loanee Wrote: The Elon Musk Effect - sounds like a band on one of the minor stages at Glastonbury

Or conversely a new flavour of Lynx.
(02-15-2021, 05:56 PM)baggpuss Wrote: Can he tweet about WBA??  Big Grin

In the old days this bored would have had it out on social media that Musk is an Albion fan and might buy the club, have we lost our mojo?... 
Eric Clapton met Musk at a party and the rest is history; S4A are worried that Bathams & Balti samosas will have to be paid for in Bitcoins (as that will be the main currency which football player transactions are now done in).