Soccer Saturday
'Arry "I look like a turkey", Merson "got a wedding to go to". I can't believe I'm saying this, but Lee Hendrie is  all right as a pundit.
(02-13-2021, 03:07 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: 'Arry "I look like a turkey", Merson "got a wedding to go to". I can't believe I'm saying this, but Lee Hendrie is  all right as a pundit.

Astonishing. But true.
Indeed, since his rocky road and exit from being a footballer, he has turned it round somewhat.

Makes dim Tim look exactly what he is.... 2 planks.
Hendry is mates with the Cheltenham Town owner.
Once in a while my mate buys a table at a match there - Usually El Glossico against Forest Green.
He was there often (not now he is at sky sports I suppose) and is very entertaining. He even handles my 'directness' about his wankerness that I give him, very well.
Reluctantly I have to say I like him.
I’ve read before that he openly admits what a twat he used to be, and has totally turned himself round. Fair play to him.
Have to agree, seems quite a likeable fella. I’d like to know what’s happened to Kris Kamara though. Somethings definitely not right with him at the moment.
He has been quite complimentary about the Albion too when in the studio.Also I felt quite sorry for him on that show about the Old footballers playing for Arry’s England,when he opened up about his problems.
(02-14-2021, 08:47 AM)HugeHons Wrote: He has been quite complimentary about the Albion too when in the studio.Also I felt quite sorry for him on that show about the Old footballers playing for Arry’s England,when he opened up about his problems.

Completely agree. Seems a decent guy. Hefty dose of humility after his money and mental health problems and it’s nice to see him doing well. I’d also say, similar to Ally McCoist (love him or loath him) they are both really enthusiastic too. At times when Charlie Nicholas and Le Piss were on there it seemed like they would sooner be anywhere else other than in the studio watching football.

Final point re: Hendrie - I just like hearing West Mids accents on the tele.