Soccer Saturday questioned...
...does playing out from the keeper result in you scoring more goals than you will conceded?
Just asked after a clip of Allisons errors against Man City. (If you haven't seen these, you really should!)

Bloody Hell. The next interview was with Sam Johnson and they only asked him if he enjoyed being busy!!!!
I remember when we ‘fannyed’ about at the back during last season,although not as much as the Big Dave/Jones season. It was discussed on here a lot so I went through our first 27 games in which we conceded 30 goals. I kept the info in a notebook (how sad am I ?) .We conceded a grand total of 1 goal from playing out from the back! That was in the 3-2 win against Blackburn.
In those 27 games the most we conceded was 4 from crosses from the left not cleared and 4 headers from left sided corners!
(02-13-2021, 01:34 PM)HugeHons Wrote: I remember when we ‘fannyed’ about at the back during last season,although not as much as the  Big Dave/Jones season. It was discussed on here a lot so I went through our first 27 games in which we conceded 30 goals. I kept the info in a notebook (how sad am I ?) .We conceded a grand total of 1 goal from playing out from the back! That was in the 3-2 win against Blackburn.
In those 27 games the most we conceded was 4 from crosses from the left not cleared and 4 headers from left sided corners!

That 3-2 win was early on under SB.

We drew 1/1 at home to Blackburn under Moore. Chronic mistake by Bartley
playing out from the back would be fine if we didn't just lump it forward after 4 passes between the CBs
City's 3rd goal. Does that count as playing out from the keeper?