Gold
Is this about West Ham?
(02-09-2021, 02:49 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 02:16 PM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: Reckon you're wrong - all the inflation hedges are lumping on crypto.

Big Grin Good luck with that.

I've had a fair bit of luck with that over the last 8mths. Recently placed on another and up 5%. As with all these things research and the in and out timings are critical.
(02-10-2021, 08:36 AM)woodman Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 02:16 PM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: Reckon you're wrong - all the inflation hedges are lumping on crypto.

I've had a fair bit of luck with that over the last 8mths. Recently placed on another and up 5%. As with all these things research and the in and out timings are critical.

Timing is everything when you're dealing in something that has zero intrinsic value. I don't see how research into fairy dust helps.

I can see crypto having a future should governements ban the hoarding of cash or private holdings of gold, but otherwise it's the purest speculation.
I prefer whisky to gold, admittedly you can just about eat gold if value drops to nothing but I'd rather drink whisky if the prices drop Smile
I've also taken to investing in whisky. As Fenland says, there's always a consolation prize if it all goes tits up Smile
(02-10-2021, 02:30 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: I've also taken to investing in whisky. As Fenland says, there's always a consolation prize if it all goes tits up Smile

If you want a tax free 6% return you could also bet on Sadiq Khan to win the London Mayoral election, 11% return on Anas Sarwar to win Scottish Labour Leader election and 20% on Tracy Brabin to become West Yorkshire Mayor. All pretty much shoo-ins and the only way you'll ever make money out of the Labour Party.
I have been buying Premium Bonds for some years now and find that they have given me considerably more 'interest' than if I had left it is a savings account - no risk either!
(02-09-2021, 03:11 PM)DJPunkRoc Wrote:

Not touching it myself.  Part of me thinks I'm just too old to be learning new tricks and, much like the old boys, I can't see the intrinsic value in nothing.

I like the idea of crypto, so as I am too old, I gave some dosh (made from investing in whisky) to my son to invest in it; fascinating stuff & might lose it. But that might just be his season ticket money!