Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Four years today
(06-14-2018, 10:17 AM)P_K Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 10:15 AM)Legend Wrote: Didn't Pulis replace Irvine?

Yes. Mel left at end of season, Irvine took over.

He did, my bad. I think I'm still in shock.
i think i had palpitations when it happened. it was a turning point for me, when i realised we were never going to grow any more than from where we were currently.
(06-14-2018, 09:59 AM)tiptontown Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 09:56 AM)Mancbaggie Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 08:41 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: We went through an entire season in the PL with Alan Irvine and then Pepe Mel as manager and still survived. That's how bad Pulis and Pardew were last season.

Fuck me.

Damning indictment

Im actually surprised just how long the watch-tapping twat lasted.

I fugging fell over when someone told me that he had got a 1-0 win at Spurs

I was at that game Manc. One of the few highlights of the season. Could've won by more as well.

Header by Morrison - how we have missed goals from midfield.

TBF, AFI won 3 games in a week around then, Spurs, our reserves beat Hulls ressies and then we hammered a weakened Burnley on the Sunday.

When he was sacked we were 1 point above the bottom 3.  What a mess this last season has been...
(06-14-2018, 10:15 AM)Legend Wrote: Didn't Pulis replace Irvine?

I think what really let us down that season was our terrible transfer business.

Samaras
Blanco
Varela
Gamboa
Davidson
Baird
Pocognoli
Ideye

Shocking!

That pre season they went for the "throw enough shit at the wall and some of it will stick" approach.

It didn't. None of it!
(06-14-2018, 08:42 AM)TTM Wrote: I thought Lepko had been on the piss when he tweeted "West Brom have abandoned talks with Tim Sherwood and have appointed Alan Irvine as the new Head Coach".

Princess Diana dying, 9/11 and appointing Alan Fucking Irvine are three things I'll never forget.

I was driving to Gloucester to meet a mate that evening. I was near Strensham on the M5, listening to Nigeria v greece (i think it was) and almost crashed the car when Pat Murphy made the announcement at Half time.