Booking.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Cup 2026
I can't see Americans paying that much to watch Soccer especially when the vast majority of matches will be with poor teams.
Build the wall.
(06-13-2018, 07:27 PM)AnelkasBeard Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 07:19 PM)Big_Dave Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 07:15 PM)mickeypearce Wrote: I do enjoy World Cups from that part of the world, Argentina 78. Mexico 86, USA 94 and Brazil 2014. I think that because the games tend to kick off in the evening means I can watch them rather than daytime kick offs when a lot of people are at work.

Although a 48 team World Cup doesn't appeal to me.

48 teams (16 groups of 3 teams) – 80 matches. Top 2 qualify to the knockout stages of last 32.

Groups of 3 sounds fucking shit, not gunna lie.

Gets a few more smaller countries involved at the finals and hence generates more money. it's all about the money money money.
(06-14-2018, 07:26 AM)Black Penny Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 07:27 PM)AnelkasBeard Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 07:19 PM)Big_Dave Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 07:15 PM)mickeypearce Wrote: I do enjoy World Cups from that part of the world, Argentina 78. Mexico 86, USA 94 and Brazil 2014. I think that because the games tend to kick off in the evening means I can watch them rather than daytime kick offs when a lot of people are at work.

Although a 48 team World Cup doesn't appeal to me.

48 teams (16 groups of 3 teams) – 80 matches. Top 2 qualify to the knockout stages of last 32.

Groups of 3 sounds fucking shit, not gunna lie.

Gets a few more smaller countries involved at the finals and hence generates more money. it's all about the money money money.

You cynic, it’s about broaderning the games appeal to the world, and improving the experience of a WC by making it accessible to more people, in the same way having World Cups in corrupt backwaters spreads the game to new cultures and emerging footballing states........

It’s definitwly not to guarantee all the big boys will make every tournament, and increase the revenues with extra games at the expense of competitivity and player fitness.

Just looking at the FIFA rankings of teams that haven’t made it; if it had been a 48 team WC I think it’d probably have been a better tournament!

Chile
Netherlands
Italy
Wales
USA
Austria
Slovakia
Northern Ireland
Romania
ROI
Paraguay
Venezuela
Serbia
Ukraine
DR Congo
Turkey
Bosnia
And Scotland would just scrape in..
We've already got the stadiums so FIFA's bungs would be severely limited.