Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spain sack their manager
The hope is that whoever comes in is too late to change anything. The squad and coaching team will have been preparing for weeks so it should just be a case of following the plans already in place.
(06-13-2018, 10:48 AM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote: Why announce the deal 2 days before the tournament??

Because if Spain had a bad world cup the fans would not be happy hiring him. All done in the interest of RM.
Spain have announced Hierro as the new manager.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he play for Real for most of his career?
(06-13-2018, 04:57 PM)AnelkasBeard Wrote: Spain have announced Hierro as the new manager.

They were holding out for a Hierro.
(06-13-2018, 04:57 PM)AnelkasBeard Wrote: Spain have announced Hierro as the new manager.

He did but, unlike a lot of Real players and former players, he's quite popular throughout Spain; possibly more because of his time with the national side. He's probably a decent non-controversial fix at short notice.
(06-13-2018, 05:18 PM)Duffmon Wrote:

They were holding out for a Hierro.

Ffs  Big Grin
(06-13-2018, 11:01 AM)richbaggie Wrote: Someone has just tweeted that Spain could be kicked out because sacking a manager so close to tournament is against rules. Dutch are on standby.

Probably rubbish but remarkable if true.

That would be hilarious.

Are there any Spanish players who play for Bolton?
BoringBaggie

Are there any Spanish players who play for Bolton?

They have a Spanish centreback called Derek  Big Grin